Three thumbs up for Cee Bailey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeatherneckPA

Reaction score
:clapping: I installed my new CB yesterday; +6 +4 flip. And I have now finally experienced the elusive "clean air" quiet riding experience. :clapping: At 6' 2' and only a 32" inseam, most of my height is from the waist up and I have never experienced as quiet a ride as I did last night. And the CB was not even half way raised.

My V-Strom will have a CB touring windshield for next spring!!

:clapping: I installed my new CB yesterday; +6 +4 flip. And I have now finally experienced the elusive "clean air" quiet riding experience. :clapping: At 6' 2' and only a 32" inseam, most of my height is from the waist up and I have never experienced as quiet a ride as I did last night. And the CB was not even half way raised.
Hey Jar head, +6+4 flip, sounds like a barn door. I myself do not prefer the v-stream or the cal-sci so am settling for the rifle. It seems that with the tuning blocks it diverts air as opposed to pushing it. So in reality you dont hear the wind. I'm 5'8 with a corbin seat so I sit a little lower in the bike. I'm still looking for alternatives maybe try the mra vario lip on the yami screen. Almost like a permenant laminar lip, but with adjustability.

Good luck with the cee bailey

semper-fi

Mike

What bike was this installed on? 1st Gen? 2nd Gen? Hardley Electra Glide?

Your profile doesn't indicate that you currently have an FJR

Holy Cow! That's one big shield! :dribble:

I'm a huge Cee Bailey fan also. I only have a measly +2+0 flip screen, but I love it. The stock shield is absolutely atrocious and you wouldn't think that just 2 extra inches would make much of a difference, but it's night and day. I think the key is the flip feature. BTW, I'm 5'11" with 32" inseam but I ride in a slouched position so my torso height is less than indicated.

I also have a Vstream shield that is about 4 inches higher. I have to raise it much more to get smooth air than the CB with flip. The flip is the trick!

I need to be educated. I read the treads about the benifits of aftermarket windscreens. I may be "old school" but I enjoy the days that are warm enough to leave the windscreen in the lowered position. Wind noise is part of MC riding and I don't get enought helmet movement from the air to bother me. I'm not saying those who replace their windscreens with taller wider screens are wrong... I just don't understand it. Another thing I hate is looking through the shield when I'm running the corners. Don't like the distortion. I know the benifits of the stock windscreen when I'm riding to work in the mornings and it's 40 degrees yet I don't run it up when I'm heading home and it's 65 to 70 degrees. If I'm wrong.. enlighten me. I'm open for new ideas.

Don

What bike was this installed on? 1st Gen? 2nd Gen? Hardley Electra Glide? Your profile doesn't indicate that you currently have an FJR

He has a 07 its seems:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=111588
Ah, OK. So this is all on 2nd gens then.

I have a CB +4+4 and at 5'9" it works great for me.
KM

Well then, since I am "+5" to your 5'9" (I'm 6'2") I suppose that I would need a CB +9 +4. I bet that would be attractive... :blink:

Yeah, you short bastidges have it made... :angry:

Well, at least when it comes to windshields. :p

I need to be educated. I read the treads about the benifits of aftermarket windscreens. I may be "old school" but I enjoy the days that are warm enough to leave the windscreen in the lowered position. Wind noise is part of MC riding and I don't get enought helmet movement from the air to bother me. I'm not saying those who replace their windscreens with taller wider screens are wrong... I just don't understand it. Another thing I hate is looking through the shield when I'm running the corners. Don't like the distortion. I know the benifits of the stock windscreen when I'm riding to work in the mornings and it's 40 degrees yet I don't run it up when I'm heading home and it's 65 to 70 degrees. If I'm wrong.. enlighten me. I'm open for new ideas.
Don
Nope. You are right as rain. Well, except when it actually does rain. :blink:

In summer I mount my stock shield on a rifle tuning block (which lowers it further) and leave it most of the way down, most of the time. But last weekend when it was in the low 30's I was quite glad to have my Jumbo Rifle Touring screen on and cranked that baby way up there.

Can not compare any of the competitions products .I have the c/B aslo and love it . they use the same plactic that is used on passanger jets so how can you go wrong .

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a HUGE CeeBailey fan. Their products are superb quality and they have been some of the best folks to work with ever in my FJR experience.

I use two different shields, one for summer one for three seasons. The OEM shield stays packed away in a cardboard box. No difference in height, both have flips, but 2" diff in width to allow more air against my upper body in the summer.

My summer shield has the light gray tint and I absolutely love it. Wish both were that way.

Sorry for the confusion guys. I don't know what this 1stGen/2ndGen thing is all about. I'm assuming that there must have been some design change somewhere that provoked it. With V-Stroms that occurred between '03 and '04 models. As observed, yes, mine is a 2007 Barney Bike. I would have very much preferred a blue, but couldn't wait for Yammie to bring it back and knew I'd NEVER find one left over. Had to have that bike to celebrate my "parole" (pronounced re-tire-ment from the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

I sit pretty upright, so that +6 comes in pretty handy. But I did keep the OEM shield just in case. I could see myself buying a +2 or +4 flip for summer.

Believe it or not, I'm not even looking through the shield on the twisties. Cranked up a little under halfway I'm in the quiet and still have my chin above the shield. It'll be interesting to see what that +6 does in the rain cranked all the way up.

CB Flip Spring/Fall

Stock screen cut to 9" for the summer

Best of both worlds...

Also...CB sells seconds/used/returns on Ebay....about 1/3 regular pricing...they have an +4+3 up for $60 as we type...

CB Ebay store

Believe it or not, I'm not even looking through the shield on the twisties. Cranked up a little under halfway I'm in the quiet and still have my chin above the shield. It'll be interesting to see what that +6 does in the rain cranked all the way up.
I think that putting it all the way up in the rain will make the sun come out, and it will only rain on the cagers around you!

CB Flip Spring/Fall

Best of both worlds...

Also...CB sells seconds/used/returns on Ebay....about 1/3 regular pricing...they have an +4+3 up for $60 as we type...

CB Ebay store
That's a great price, but alas it's not a flip shield. I personally would not buy one without the flip.

CB Flip Spring/Fall

Best of both worlds...

CB Ebay store
That's a great price, but alas it's not a flip shield. I personally would not buy one without the flip.
After all the advice and checking the sizing on the website I ordered the 2" flip in light grey. I will post the results soon!

5'-10", 31" inseam

CB Flip Spring/Fall

Best of both worlds...

CB Ebay store
When I ordered my C Bailey I didn't get the flip because I'd read here from some other riders that they thought it caused turbulence. Hmmm. Maybe I should get the flip with my next one. The one I have works great though. 3"+ high and 0 extra width. I ordered it 2" wider, but didn't get it back like that. I didn't notice till I'd had it on for a few weeks. Too late to send it back.

GP

Don
I understand where you are coming from. With the exception of riding my Dad's 92 Heritage I have never looked through a windshield directly except in the crouched position on my Ninja or GSXR etc. I have gone thousands of miles on my Dyna, 300 mile days about the max without any problems. For some reason this FJR just hits me in the wrong way that gets more miserable with each hour in the saddle. I talked to the "Flying Flea" from Arai helmets about it as I thought it was a helmet issue at first. You might just be tougher or the air hits you differently. Craig

CB Flip Spring/Fall

Best of both worlds...

CB Ebay store
When I ordered my C Bailey I didn't get the flip because I'd read here from some other riders that they thought it caused turbulence. Hmmm. Maybe I should get the flip with my next one. The one I have works great though. 3"+ high and 0 extra width. I ordered it 2" wider, but didn't get it back like that. I didn't notice till I'd had it on for a few weeks. Too late to send it back.

I got the +2 standard width light tint. At 5-10 I look through the shield . When lowered no better then stock in my opinion for turbulence.

GP