Throttle Locks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3529

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a throttle lock, are the bars on the 05 FJR 7/8" or 1"? Also, any insight as to which ones work best?

Vista cruise works great and the cost was about $25. I had to grind down the rubber end near the throttle lock. There is a good description on the fjrowners.org site.

Gunny +1 also too for the vista cruise. Piece-O-Cake for an install and really, really simple to use. Can't go wrong.

I personally like the Universal Vista cruise, which is a bit different from the "Yamaha two cable Vista cruise" that is mentioned ad nasuem in here. You don't have to make any modifications and it works like a charm. I have the tension on mine set so that the throttle will barely creep back to "off". I like it like this because I don't need to rest my right hand that often and by having it set this way, I can keep the throttle position set with hardly any wrist pressure yet it's still easy to make minor throttle input adjustments.

Your original question was what size are the bars, and they are 7/8ths. I've got a throttlemeister and like it, but it's a little pricey. The $25 vistacruise works well, does the same thing, and will save $110 worth of fuel money.

Thinking about getting a throttle lock, are the bars on the 05 FJR 7/8" or 1"? Also, any insight as to which ones work best?
I'm a fan of the Madco.

https://www.madcorider.com/

I've had one on two different cruisers and my FJR. Haven't used the others but the look like fine products as well.
+1 on the Madco. Had the T-Meister and took it off. Madco installs easily and works like a charm. Do the ergo2 throttle tube while you're at it.

I've used both Vista Cruise (on another bike) and Throttlemeister (on the FJR) and prefer the Throttlemeister. This stuff has been gone over many times before, though. Search for the "worst farkles" thread for one exchange on VC vs. TM. Bottom line is that there is about as much consensus on "best throttle lock" as there is on "best oil" or "best tires."

If cheap is the deciding factor, by the way, just buy a fat o-ring, put it on your bar end, and roll it into the gap between the bar end and the grip.

I'm a fan of the Madco.

https://www.madcorider.com/

I've had one on two different cruisers and my FJR. Haven't used the others but the look like fine products as well.
I just ordered the Madco... an impressive bit of kit. One thing that's a plus is that you needn't drill or dremel anything to install. I haven't received it yet... I'll post up the install if I can bring my camera back from the dead.

NEP works great without using the screws. Just use a ZipTie and fasten it to the underside of the throttle cable metal piece. Snip off the screw mount part and slide it between the plastic washer and the throttle cable housing. It slides evenly that way and dosnt bind with the grips. For such a cheap price, No drilling, and ease of use, I think that you would be hard pressed to find an easier system.

Madco for me - looks like it's factory - no mods to the bike - works with the G2 - about a 10 minute install with air compressor (for the grip removal / re-install).

Herkypilot

I went with the KAOKO CRUISE CONTROL, it's first class but pricey at $100. Installs with no modifications in 5 mins. It's available thru www.advworkshop.com.