throttle meister + center spring unwind 1 turn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hellofaride

Reaction score
I have an 06 ae.

I want to ease some of the throttle tension by doing the center spring mod.

In reading the bin o facts rickster had some resevations if this mod would have a negative effect

on an ae.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 06 ae.

I want to ease some of the throttle tension by doing the center spring mod.

In reading the bin o facts rickster had some resevations if this mod would have a negative effect

on an ae.

1. Id like to know if anybody with an AE has done this mod & how it worked out ?

2. is there any problem or issue with installing a throttlemeister on an AE ?

3. sorry but I just thought about another issue. On my 2006 AE i have never had any issues with any

surge or altitude problems, however i've only ridden the east. I'm planning a cross country trip

is it NECESSARY to have the ECU swaped out even if I've never experienced a previous problem ??

I thought I read somewhere on the forum that someone did the ecu swap & was disapointed with results.

how many have done the ecu swap ? & what has been the result ?

hey hello,

I have an 06 AE, with the ECU swapped (surge bulletin), G2 Cam, and spring unwound.

I like it just fine, and have noticed zero affect on the YCCS (AE shifting), and no issues.

Also on the ECU swap, I think Fencer had a problem that ended up being a defective replacment ECU -- I also would have no reservations in getting the ECU swap for the surge.

I've got an '06 AE, I bought the new throttle cam profile thingy and it was well worth the $59 or so for it. Completely solved the throttle snatch thing. I've also installed Throttlemeisters and love them. No issues installing either. When installing the throttle tube, the grip comes off with some compressed air and maybe a little carb cleaner to help break the factory glue (not much there anyway). That way you don't trash a $300 set of electric grips. I tried the cable unwrap but the cleat at the end got stuck between the carb and the bracket. Didn't want to force it so I put it back. If you're going to unwind it, put a piece of soft wire or string on it first so you can recover if yuo do something wrong (like go more than one unwrap). Also, if you order the new throttle tube, be sure to tell the guy you have an AE as this ube is slightly longer than the standard A model

I have an 07 A throttlemiesters installed I removed them from my 04 and installed on my 07 no prob.I had my ECU replaced and I believe I have a better throttle response now.With the old ECU I didn't notice until I rode with someone with an identical bike in some altitude.When I was in Vermont I noticed but shrugged it off as a one time thing.Its a free replacement just do it.Its more of a hesitation than a surge.

I have an AE as well with replaced ECU, spring released 1 turn, T-Meister and G2. Everything works great. Just a word of advise, the instructions for the Tmeister say to roll the throttle grip back and insert the rubber throttle tube sleve. YEA, say good-bye to the skin on your thumb. The grip is very thick and will not simply roll back. Use compressed air to get the shim in. Just stick the air nozzle between the grip and the throtle tube and that will give you the space needed to slip in the rubber sleve.