Tire Changing machine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the NOMAR Classic, looks remarkedly the same as the Cycle Hill with a few minor differances.

1. The bead breaker on the CH is used on the floor, the NM is used on the stand.

2. Different colors

Looks like a pretty good tool. The lower bead breaker might be a plus, I've worked up some mighty sore shoulders hanging off the breaker bar on my Jr Pro doing quad tires. Bike tires should be no problem.

How does one protect the brake disk(s) during bead breaking if the wheel is lying flat on the floor?
Probably much like a Harbor Freight that this thing looks a slightly upscale version of.....a couple of strategically placed chunks of wood to set the rim on with enough clearance to not bend the rotor.

How does one protect the brake disk(s) during bead breaking if the wheel is lying flat on the floor?
Probably much like a Harbor Freight that this thing looks a slightly upscale version of.....a couple of strategically placed chunks of wood to set the rim on with enough clearance to not bend the rotor.

well, sheesh...

I already got that!

Steve from NoMar said he was competing directly with the Harbor Freight model when he designed this changer. By the way it doesn't look like your tire will be on the ground, check out this link: Cycle hill Nomar

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears to address the three major drawbacks of the Harbor Freight changer;

* Frequent misalignment of the three locking segments,

* Rim scratches from the metal locking jaws,

* No support for 3/4"-1" diameter axle shafts.

It's an interesting unit. I would be all over one if the price for the changer-only was $250, but it seems a bit pricey. I already own all the accessory items like the NoMar spoons, NoMar bar, (Parnes) balancer etc.

Thanks for the info ,,, I've been looking at tire changers,,, getting too old to wrestle MC tires on the

garage floor with spoons....

I bought the jr pro model last June. While it's not as easy as the video shows, I have changed around 14 tires so far and it gets easier with each one. I would not like to break the bead on the floor.

Joe2Lmaker,

I'ffen you start a group buy, I am all over that like stink on shit! And I have two buddy's that would jump in as well. So how may unites do you get for $5,135 Somalians? if it is like only 10 unites then not a good buy but if it is 15+ UBER COOL!

Joe2Lmaker, 

I'ffen you start a group buy, I am all over that like stink on shit! And I have two buddy's that would jump in as well. So how may unites do you get for $5,135 Somalians? if it is like only 10 unites then not a good buy but if it is 15+ UBER COOL!

$5135 would be 14 changers at the regular price.

Do we have 15 to 20 people who would be interested in this?

I just sent an email to Cycle Hill. I'll let you know if I hear back from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe2Lmaker, 

I am a noob, first post since intro, so an unknown, but: depending on where the final $$$ shakes out I'd be in. Keep us posted

Joe2Lmaker, 

Joe,

I did the recent group buy for NoMar. Let me know if you need any help.

I hope you considered or mention to have them drop ship the tire changer to each member because you don't want to have ship 14 of these out yourself.

Joe,
I did the recent group buy for NoMar. Let me know if you need any help.

I hope you considered or mention to have them drop ship the tire changer to each member because you don't want to have ship 14 of these out yourself.
Thanks. When I wrote "I wonder if we could organize a group buy", I actually meant "I wonder if one of you could organize a group buy." :rolleyes: I was thinking of making a tire changer similar to the photos on the Cycle Hill website.

One of the guys I work with was making fun of me when I was telling him how I volunteered to check into this. Evidently, I need a pry bar to open my wallet. (He's seen me make a few things I could have bought)

I did ask about shipping costs and direct shipping.

I'll let you all know as soon as hear anything.