Tire Prices – Post up.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked a handful of sites for Pilot Road 3:

Ironpony: 353.98

Derby Cycles: 307.98

SouthWestMotoTires: 306.84

SportTour: 295.90

I think it's obvious who I'll order from, but thought you might like the new data for your spreadsheet...
Doesn't SportTour tack on a shipping charge? I know they used to.

$218 is a good price for the BT023GT's. Wish I'd seen it sooner. Just got the set from MotorcycSuperStore for $246 (free shipping as well). Still way better than the dealer though...

$218 is a good price for the BT023GT's.
That is a great price. I am about to spoon on a set I bought about a year ago for a similar price. I'm looking forward to see how I like them (or not). Still, $165 for a set of my favorite ride and handling tire, the Conti Motion is hard to beat too.

Thanks for updating this link. You peeps are about to save me $40.00. Before I pull the trigger, has anyone had any problems customer service-wise with Chapparel Motorsports? I hope I'm not getting some old stock with dates stamped on them 3 years old. Also, I got a little time to spare, but I can't be waiting 3 weeks for my "free shipping" to arrive. Anybody had any issues with that?

Caught a Cyber Monday deal from Bike Bandit back in November (not sure of the pricing now). BT 023 GT Spec for $181 shipped for the pair.

Chaparral Racing has always given me good service with no complaints. They're in California so it takes a while (3 - 5 days) to get UPS ground shipments back to the east coast. They usually ship the same day they receive the order.

It's a big operation and appears to be very successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious as to how the spreadsheet update goes... and if anyone has spotted any other great deals...

I've been running PR2 on the Sprint ST for a while now, is the PR3 really better in the wet? Thoughts on PR2 vs PR3 for the FJR appreciated.

Haven't heard of the BT023 GTs before, guess I'll troll around in the NEPRT as well.

I just put a pair of PR's on my '06. I had planned on buying on the internet (as usual) but decided to give my local dealer a try (Lake county, FL). I called them and explained that I typically buy my tires online but wanted to give them a shot. They said they could not sell the tires (PR2's) to me for any less than $145 for the rear and $120 for the front + $25 each for mount and balance (off the bike). I decided that was good enough and confirmed they had them in stock. Saturday morning I went down with my wheels and found out they did NOT have the PR2's in stock but they would honor the price for a set of PR3's which they did have in stock! $315 mounted (+ tax) for PR3's!! Now I just hope I like the PR3's as much as I like the 2's.

Just picked up a set of the Bridgestones at $218 shipped, thanks for the heads-up on the special at Chaparral. It never works out that they're on sale when you need them..

SkooterG, do you actually spoon on your tires with irons? If so, what tire irons do you use?
In the past, unfortunately, more times than not I ended up spooning the last bit of tire on to the rim. I have one of the fancy curved Motion Pro tire irons, and two of the normal straight ones.

However since I bought the No-Scuff Tire Tool I can usually get the tire on with the mount/demount bar now. Still usually takes two people though.

I just put a pair of PR's on my '06. I had planned on buying on the internet (as usual) but decided to give my local dealer a try (Lake county, FL). I called them and explained that I typically buy my tires online but wanted to give them a shot. They said they could not sell the tires (PR2's) to me for any less than $145 for the rear and $120 for the front + $25 each for mount and balance (off the bike). I decided that was good enough and confirmed they had them in stock. Saturday morning I went down with my wheels and found out they did NOT have the PR2's in stock but they would honor the price for a set of PR3's which they did have in stock! $315 mounted (+ tax) for PR3's!! Now I just hope I like the PR3's as much as I like the 2's.

That's a rockin' deal there! I've run PR2's on my Sprint ST for a couple of seasons now, but looking for feedback on the PR3 to see if they are worth the extra $$$ so let me know your thoughts when you get some miles on 'em?

Thanks,

Crap, I am at work and the invoice is at home. I bought the stock Metzeler Z6's that came on my bike since I was quite happy with them. 13000 trouble and worry free miles. Awesome deal though, it was right around 165.00 to my door for the pair. Of course they were not the latest and greatest but they served me so well I choose to stick with them. Hell of a deal I thought, just can't remember the name of the place. <_<

That's a rockin' deal there! I've run PR2's on my Sprint ST for a couple of seasons now, but looking for feedback on the PR3 to see if they are worth the extra $ so let me know your thoughts when you get some miles on 'em?

Thanks,
Yea, I was pretty impressed with the dealer for stepping up like that.

I will get back to you on the PR3's in a few weeks. I commute 38 miles one way daily and get some weekend rides occasionally. I will have an opinion pretty soon although I am not particularly astute on tire analysis.