Titanium Peg Feelers?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left
Reaction score
I always ran with Titanium replacement feelers for my footpegs on my M109R for a couple reasons. 1) They were thicker & bigger than the stock ones. 2) They lasted much longer because they are a much harder material. 3) It saved from having to purchase new pegs if you changed the feelers out soon enough 4) They leave a nice long spark trail that freaks HD riders out in the twisties! :p As I'm getting more comfortable on this bike I'm starting to wear my feelers some and once their worn down I'd like to try replacing them with TI ones.

Is there anyone running TI feelers for their stock pegs?

Does anyone know if they are even available on the market? If so, where?

If not, would any of you non-peg grinding FJR riders be willing to take off one of your stock feelers and mail it to me so I can have my friend make me a custom set to try out like he did like before? Then I could make them available for anybody else that wanted to try them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMYEXxgfvl0

These are available from Gman Industries but they don't fit the same diameter thread for the FJR pegs https://www.gmanindustries.com/shop/pc/showsearchresults.asp?pageStyle=H&resultCnt=9&keyword=Draggers+100%25+Titanium

My friend can make them for me that are just as good, same size...etc. for about $25.00 a set which is even better.

Here's me riding my old 800lb cruiser that doesn't have the lean angle that the FJR has but you can at least get an idea of how they work.

Peg Grinding Video link go here: https://www.vimeo.com/20059267

-

Here's me riding my old 800lb cruiser that doesn't have the lean angle that the FJR has but you can at least get an idea of how they work.

Peg Grinding Video link go here: https://www.vimeo.com/20059267

I like the video!

As you say a little more difficult on the FJR.

I am sure you will piss off the HD guys even more now. Come up quitely and leave quickly.

Upright not Uptight

Best regards

Surly

:ph34r:

Cast a mould an make 'em outa lead.. Pack half a dozen next trip and change as needed.

Yer from Michigan fer shitsakes... You don't drag pegs..

I had really huge titanium draggers on my C90 cruiser. Have not added them to the FJR, but they did leave a pretty impressive fire-trail. Look at the size of the dragger on that floor board. It would hit at less than 30 degrees and light up the night.

C90Sale010.jpg

I want a set. Would your buddy be interested in making some additional sets? PM me and we can work out some details.

These would be awesome at night.

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Metric fasteners use pitch instead of thread count. Those you show are the right size and look to be about the correct length. They should work just fine.

ORDER THESE TI FEELERS IF YOUR INTERESTED: https://secure.billydump.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=263 (Listed for the M109 and are 8mm-1.25 thread)

www.109rparts.com

I had an epiphany and realized I still had a set in my shop myself. I just pulled off the stock feeler and installed the TI feeler noted above and they do in fact work. Just order them and make sure you add a drop of loctite. Unless I read this incorrectly the stock "bolt" to replace the feeler from Yamaha run about $20.00 per bolt (bikebandit.com)!!! These are Titanium are are $25.00 for a SET.

I forgot I even made this video. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDs5I1UFKBw

Stock Yamaha feeler bolt.

100_2406.jpg

TI feeler bolt in Yamaha stock footpeg installed.

100_2407.jpg

Not the DUMBEST video I've ever watched, but dayum close.

Who the hell wants to drag hard parts???? Get yer ass off the seat a little, wouldja?

Feckin' cruizer pilots, anyway.

Who the hell wants to drag hard parts???? Get yer ass off the seat a little, wouldja?

We're you dropped as a child???

Nobody "wants" to drag anything. But if you ride aggressively in the twisties even if you lean off the bike your pegs will scrape. I appreciate your honesty however! :blink:

BTW post counts don't always equal intelligence. Just saying.

Oh I see your almost 60yrs old. My bad! I get it. We're on different wave lengths. LMAO. I think its your bedtime now. :D

We're you dropped as a child???
Many, MANY times. And your point?

Nobody "wants" to drag anything.
Horse-shit. The entire point of that video, AND this thread, is to show off a bunch of sparks by dragging hard parts. What a fucking stupid idea.

But if you ride aggressively in the twisties even if you lean off the bike your pegs will scrape. I appreciate your honesty however! :blink:
None of the "ride aggressively in the twisties" poseurs in the above video were even attempting to lean off their bikes. The were bolt upright in their saddles. The entire video was a bunch of beered-up Darwin Award winners hollerin' "Hey Y'all....Watch This!" A minute and five seconds of a future Jeff Foxworthy routine.

Oh I see your almost 60yrs old. My bad! I get it. We're on different wave lengths. LMAO. I think its your bedtime now. :D
Wow, you checked my profile! How cute. So I did the same. I checked yours and I see you're almost about to reach puberty, so I can forgive your actually WANTING to drag parts of your motorcycle on the road. Do you make vroom-vroom noises when you ride?

I'm tired of spending the cash to replace the stock feelers. Will these last 'longer' than the stock feelers or do they just shower purtier sparks?