• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tomtom 1gd005200 at Amazon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up. I've put off buying a motorcycle GPS because of price. I just ordered as well and put it on my wife's credit card. Merry Christmas! ;)

Since they were nice enough to refund the difference of $60 I went ahead and ordered a spare. Got two bikes anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, this is great! if I can't figure out how to make it work, I can ask all you guys!
thumbsup_zps3bf1eb32.gif

Bought one, figure for that price I'll see how a Tom Tom gps works.

What the heck...ordered one to check it out. Not many more $$$ than the auto units I've been using for the past eight years.

$160 with tax.

--G

Don't, I'm sure someone here likes those. Just wasn't for me.
I hope that I like it. I couldn't pass it up at that price. Were there specific problems, or was it Tomtom's implementation of GPS?
Objectively: It was terrible at detecting off-route (when using local knowledge or other GPS w/traffic,) and even worse about recaclulating (it should have known better BEFORE i passed the next exit)

Subjectively: Disliked TomTom's interface and Tyre's interface looks like it was last updated for the Windows 95 version.

Now running Garmin Nuvi's (with some extra weather protection) and Android tablet(s) instead.

Amazon also has the Garmin Zumo 660lm for $327.88 with free shipping. Those things were around $800 at one point. Guess what Spousal Unit is getting for Christmas?

I had a 665 but thought I'd go to android. I do like using my s5 activ but there are issues with that too.

For day to day or dual sporting I'll probably continue with my phone but for $149 this is a great gps to do the main routes on trips.

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered one for the kids to give me for Xmas. Found out this month that Garmin no longer supports the 2720. I guess Lifetime Maps doesn't really mean the lifetime of the unit, just the lifetime they're willing to support it. I can trade it in and get a Nuvi56LM for no cost. I've got another 2720 if anyone can use it. Not sure what its worth, but I've got the whole box of stuff, plus a ram mount and power cord for the bike.

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered one for the kids to give me for Xmas. Found out this month that Garmin no longer supports the 2720. I guess Lifetime Maps doesn't really mean the lifetime of the unit, just the lifetime they're willing to support it. I can trade it in and get a Nuvi56LM for no cost. I've got another 2720 if anyone can use it. Not sure what its worth, but I've got the whole box of stuff, plus a ram mount and power cord for the bike.
Thats why I was looking for another. I have a 2720 thats basically a brick now.