Took the HID Plunge

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm just hoping I can find places to hide the ballast's as well as the HI/LOW controller under the nose...

I figure the worst case is if I get frustrated trying to mount the ballasts I can always install them in my cage, (Uses h4 bulbs as well :) )

Yeah I'm just hoping I can find places to hide the ballast's as well as the HI/LOW controller under the nose...
I figure the worst case is if I get frustrated trying to mount the ballasts I can always install them in my cage, (Uses h4 bulbs as well :) )
I mounted 4 slim ballasts, 2 igniters, and a control box in the nose of my '08. Your ballasts look a little thicker but there should be room.

Regarding the wires,,,,these kits are made to mount in cars, so they supply way too much wire for use on motorcycles. I cut and re-soldered all the DC wiring to more reasonable lengths, which cleaned up the install tremendously.

Trust me, the only place those full sized ballasts will go is one in the glove box and one along side the coolant filler neck. The good news is you can buy a set of slim ballasts that will fit under the headlight housing.

Well given all the slack in the wires, I have some options, but if necessary I will put those in the cage and get a set with Slim ballasts :)

Hoping this was worth the dough :)

They arrived the other day, and I'm going to try to do the install this weekend, the ballasts are kinda big so I'm not sure it's going to fit but i"m going to try... :)