Top Gun PIAA Brackets for 06 & 07 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED

Reaction score
I recently purchased these brackets and mounted a set PIAA's 1100x's to them. I bought them because the picture in the advertisement appealed to me. The actually bracket that I recieved doesnt look like the one in the advertisement. These brackets are extremely heavy duty, made of at least 1/8" steel and weight a few pds a piece. (overkill) The over all shape of the bracket resembles a big ole dog tongue. The brackets have a nice finish, but the design is a little weird. For 80 bucks, :blink: I would expect the design to be easier on the eyes. I dont have access to a metal shop and it would cost me just as much to have brackets custom made, so Im cutting my losses and keeping these.

Out of a five star rating, I have to give these brackets one star. <_<

Does anyone share my experience? I will post pictures soon.

RED

Hmmm.......I predict this thread will get entertaining.

FWIW, my Top Gun light brackets for GEN I FJRs are just fine. I didn't buy them for looks, I bought them to securely mount a pair of aux lights. But I think they look fine anyways.

No need to post pictures. The "Top Gun" brackets were designed for the heavy duty PIAA driving lights the Long Distance riders use. Those lights are larger and heavier that the 1100's you used thus they require a substantial bracket.

The brackets sold clicky here would probably have served you better.

OR, had you known you could have done this. I believe Garauld will sell the brackets only, but you'd have to PM him and work it out.

Sometimes the wealth and depth of what's available is difficult for newcomers to understand or find on their own. OTH, should you decide to upgrade your lights, you've got the brackets to do so.

Hmmm.......I predict this thread will get entertaining.
Skooter, you posted while I was working on the links above. No need for this to become a "dogpile" or get "interesting". :blink: Maybe its time for "kinder and gentler" answers. :dntknw:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the links. Those other brackets would have been the better choice for me.