Top Speed?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speedo.jpg

Ok, so that is my stupid little graph that didnt turn out very well to attempt to show a difference in the speedo and GPS MPH differences. My GPS does not register in decimals once over 100mph and I obviously can't go the exact speed, but I got pretty close. I don't think this is accurate 100% but there is an obvious difference. I did this all using my deserted stretch of highway.

Speedometer GPS Difference

70 68.3 1.7

100 96.8 3.2

120 116 4.0

140 134 6.0

154 147 7.0 <--- Didn't feel like going any faster today.

160 152 8.0 <--- That's a guess. 163 is the fastest i've gone.

165 154 9.0 <--- My guess is she isn't going much faster than this unless you have a nice big downhill.

Anyways, all I wanted to do was to try and have some kind of reference between GPS and what the Speedometer says. This is with 3700mi on stock tires. I don't know if that will make much of a difference but thats that. .02 from me.

Many speedometers on bikes and cars are set a bit higher than actual for a reason.

Your indicated speed is usually higher than actual.

I'm new to this forum but my two cents worth is this, I've had mine up to 165 with bags (Speedo)and going by gps reading @ lower speeds it appears I'm about 3-4% slower. So prob 155+Thats in Florida @ sea level with Two Bros carbon pipes.

145 indicated yesterday before I pussed out. It definately had more to go. The road was a dead end and I can't judge distance at that speed...

-BD