Traded my FJR today...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaaand-it has a good looking muffler too. Meebee the only new bike or whatever you call it that does-see back cover of the Feb. Rider mag.

After a couple of months and couple thousand miles I can say.... I really like my Spyder.. :yahoo: Now that I have added a few things I thought I would post some pictures of it setup for the long haul...

PICT2967.jpg

PICT2972.jpg

PICT2969-1.jpg

That sun lured me out today for these pictures... high 60's... 50 miles from home...cold front came through and temperature dropped 19 deg.... sure was a cold ride back home..not prepared.. :(

Looks real nice; glad it worked out for you.

Sharp color scheme, and luggage rack and trunk really gives it character....Happy Riding. More sun's acoming.

Looks great! Do you ride with a passenger and how do they like it? If so have you thought about something soft on the top case for your passenger to rest against?

Looks great! Do you ride with a passenger and how do they like it? If so have you thought about something soft on the top case for your passenger to rest against?
No passenger... so decided not to put a backrest on the box...

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking it to SFO this year, Hamie?
Thinking about it....but not sure yet... got it just about ready for the trip anyway... just have to mount my GPS..
Way to go Hamie :clapping: A few months ago impending health issues (a spritely 63) caused me to get a Honda GL1800 Trike. Man I never knew those things are so much fun. Keeping the FJR a little longer though. On Sunday Wife & I took a leisurely ride / drive to the coast for lunch & on a whim..just kept going. 600++ miles later got home for dinner on Monday!! Check out Triketalk.com Happy trails.

Rode my Spyder for the last time today putting it on a flatbed tow truck... about 3 weeks ago a TXDOT truck with a trailer dropped his trailer jack on the road and I ran over it with the Spyder.. my insurance totaled it and they picked it up this morning... not to often that you total a motorcycle and walk away without a scratch.. this is my replacement ... Kawasaki Versys...Passion Red

Versys1.jpg

Rode my Spyder for the last time today putting it on a flatbed tow truck... about 3 weeks ago a TXDOT truck with a trailer dropped his trailer jack on the road and I ran over it with the Spyder.. my insurance totaled it and they picked it up this morning... not to often that you total a motorcycle and walk away without a scratch.. this is my replacement ... Kawasaki Versys...Passion Red
Damn! What kind of damage did the jack do to warrant a "total"?

And why not another CanAm?

Enquiring minds.....

As cool as the Can Am is, one thing it doesn't have is the "dodge it" factor a bike does for avoiding stuff on the road...

Tell us more about what you hit!

As cool as the Can Am is, one thing it doesn't have is the "dodge it" factor a bike does for avoiding stuff on the road...Tell us more about what you hit!
Was on a 2 lane hill country road.. going up a small hill as I crested the hill the trailer jack was in my lane and I didn't see it in time to avoid it with the Spyder.. the trailer jack was a metal tube about 2' long with a plate steel foot welded to the bottom.. the jack went under the Spyder hitting the frame.. so had frame damage, plastic damage, hit the swaybar and broke the tierod.. damaged some other brackets...... when I hit it the one side bounced up about 18" in the air but the Spyder held a straight line. When I checked it on the side of the road didn't think there was much damage and rode it about 40 miles back home.. then discovered the damage when I took the covers off....

And why not another CanAm?
Enquiring minds.....
It was fun for awhile...but as an only bike just didn't have the enjoyment I was having on 2 wheels...rougher riding..you don't miss any bumps with 3 wheels.. a lot of side to side movement.. and a lot more physical effort to ride..you do the leaning instead of the bike and when riding twisties you get a workout...when going down the road you are wandering a little all the time... and I am happy the way things have worked out...Happy times are here again....