Upgraded Clutch and Brake Levers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do these levers (with the anodized finish) keep your hands from getting black on them? The plain aluminum ones make my hands black.
Anodized finishes shouldn't cause any color leaching or black oxidation, especially with a proper anodizing where the part is anodized, dyed and then sealed. Anodizing is similar to electroplating only in this case the outside of the aluminum part is covered with a bonded oxide layer. This alone would keep the aluminum from turning your hands black.

A quick shot of automotive clear coat spray on scrupulously clean levers would also prevent black hands and save $39 over the Chinese levers.

As a 100% of the time glove wearer this isn't a problem for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear white gloves and I don't like when they look dirty.
And so, we come to the crux of the biscuit. (extra points for the proper cross-reference)

Find some white gloves with black palms. Problem solved!

I will add that my black gloves never look dirty. But will also admit that I don't use gloves of any other colour.

Well, that explains a lot. Remember that no guy who is a guy wears white gloves. Nor white shoes or pants. Girls can wear white stuff all they want, but not us, so your problem with the white didn't even register as a "problem." I still have not had any fading or transfer from my levers. If this is happening to yours, send them to a plater...Anodizing is cheap. If you don't know someone, I know one of the best shops in the country located right here in Albuquerque.

Well, that explains a lot. Remember that no guy who is a guy wears white gloves. Nor white shoes or pants. Girls can wear white stuff all they want...
Iris has no problem wearing white, except for the gloves. My suggestion of a can of automotive clear coat for less than $7 still stands.

_MG_5057a_resize.jpg

I bought Pazzo levers because they have a different bend that brings the lever closer to the grips. I have small hands and trying to reach the front brake and blip the throttle for down shifting was awkward. The Pazzo levers made a lot of difference to me. I am not a bling person.

I just was trying to order the ones on Ebay and it says that the Chinese Knockoff ones are NOT compatible with 2013 FJR ABS :-(.....

I just was trying to order the ones on Ebay and it says that the Chinese Knockoff ones are NOT compatible with 2013 FJR ABS :-(.....
99% sure the lever perches are the same on '13 as they are on GEN II's. IIRC, Fairlaner proved this early on by transferred his Pazzos over when he picked up his '13.

--G

Zappa? I was thinking MJ......

I've been happy with my levers but always willing to experiment new things.

Looks like levers are going to next on my list
smile.png

99% sure the lever perches are the same on '13 as they are on GEN II's. IIRC, Fairlaner proved this early on by transferred his Pazzos over when he picked up his '13.

--G
Yep. Gen II levers will go right on a Gen III.

Here is a picture of my chinese knock off levers. Titanium colored shorties and still look like the day I bought em. They handled getting hawk meat splattered on them a few days ago.

eCGxSfa.jpg

Those are the ones. When I tried to order them, they said they would NOT fit on a 2013 FJR. I guess they just don't know what they're talking about.
Weird the ad says 04-11 That's 2 generation and it excludes the 12, which is still a Gen 2. Edit: Oops, see the 12 listed in the fitment.

Tell ya what, order a set for your '14 and if they fit, I'll order a set for my '13
biggrin.png