Upgraded Clutch and Brake Levers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jack D" data-cid="1108144" data-time="1385170721"><p>

I bought Pazzo levers because they have a different bend that brings the lever closer to the grips. I have small hands and trying to reach the front brake and blip the throttle for down shifting was awkward. The Pazzo levers made a lot of difference to me. I am not a bling person.</p></blockquote>

Same here. Mine still look great eight years.

Man, when you buy Corzo or Tres Generaciones Tequila you are buying a long history and legacy of one of the best tequilas around.
You do realize that those high bux cactus juices come from Mexico, right? Not exactly known to be the most ecologically or employee rights oriented country last I knew. The premium profits are going to the rich manufacturer and marketing people.

Knock off levers on your motorcycle? Kind of like a clip on tie!
What the hell is a tie?

;)

RickDoyle,are you saying you had to modify something on the clutch side to accept the lever properly or am I misreading something?

I still think it's weird that when I try to place the order, it says in bold letters that this will NOT fit the 2013 FJR. I don't want to have to do any mods.
Are you referring to the levers? The ones I bought had a set available for the '13. They were someone's knockoffs but worked great. But used in conjunction with the v-strom handguards the handguards needed some further massaging. These handguards needed some dremeling to be made to fit the '13 in the first place. And the handguards probably can't be made to fit (because of windscreen interference) unless you have one of the setback goodies, such as helibars or Motorrad.

RickDoyle,are you saying you had to modify something on the clutch side to accept the lever properly or am I misreading something?

I still think it's weird that when I try to place the order, it says in bold letters that this will NOT fit the 2013 FJR. I don't want to have to do any mods.
Are you referring to the levers? The ones I bought had a set available for the '13. They were someone's knockoffs but worked great. But used in conjunction with the v-strom handguards the handguards needed some further massaging. These handguards needed some dremeling to be made to fit the '13 in the first place. And the handguards probably can't be made to fit (because of windscreen interference) unless you have one of the setback goodies, such as helibars or Motorrad.
I understand now....you had to modify the handguard on the left side, not the clutch lever. Yes, I was referring to the levers; when I go to the link (posted in post #2), I try to buy them from the Ebay link provided and they say "NOT for the 2013 FJR" which concerned me. Now when I went back (a few weeks later now), it doesn't have that same note.

I'll just get them and be done with it......

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed a pair of the knock-offs a month or so ago and just encountered a problem the other day. Something to watch for and easily remedied:

I noticed my clutch would slip big-time at high throttle settings. This was most easily induced in "Sport" mode, of course. The cause: The cylindrical brass fitting that fits into the lever and acts on the pushrod for the clutch master cylinder had frozen in place. This part was NOT supplied with the AM levers, you use the OEM one. When I installed it the fit seemed a bit tight, but having greased it up I figured it would work OK. But when I pulled the lever off the other day it was frozen in place and would not rotate as it should. I had to use a vise and a couple of tools for an improvised drill press to get it back out. With a Dremel tool I lightly massaged the replacement lever so that the brass fitting fit into it with the same ease as with the stock lever, greased it up, reassembled and everything is working fine.

So be sure this brass insert fits as loosely as with the stock lever when installing any replacement clutch levers (this might even go for replacement OEM levers, I suppose).

Last edited by a moderator: