Upstate SC Tech (wreck?) session Sunday April 24 Greer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff

Reaction score
So Wheaton kind of volunteered me for a tech session, so I figgered that one week after Wheatons ride somebody will need something fixed
smile.png
This will kind of be a low key kind of tech session. I have a table lift, a Nomar tire changer, a TBS set up and plenty of tools to break shit. We can do oil changes, tire changes, TBS, CCT replacement (Eric, I think you asked Wheaton about this). This would be a good forum just to get together and maybe we can learn something. Things I am leary of doing, unless we have some real experts on hand, are fork overhauls and valve checks. While I have done valve checks (I might be in the middle of one on my 03), I would like to stay away from this at this session. Wiring farkling could be done here also.

I'll have my garage open at 9 with cawfee, doughnuts, soda and pizzia later.

If you are interested in coming over, post up what you want to do and I'll pm you my address and phone number. And of course if the weather is really crappy, I may postpone.

Wheaton speed bleeders, filter union bolt

Eric CCT TBS

Tim Roush fork seals

Duane 1911

Ray center stand

Hud ???

jblanken64 speed bleeder ?

milsaps2

JJnNC TBS

Last edited by a moderator:
You fuckers do this just to mess with me don't you. Spring months in the power generation business mean outage. 3/26 to 5/3 this year. That's OK. 1 1/2 years I will be done and show up at them all!
punk.gif

Oh boy! So IN!!! And Yes that was me asking about the CCT! Thanks Mr. Griff, you are the man!! Now off to research what I need for the swap!

I'm tentatively in. Not sure what I may need to get done, but it's definitely a good opportunity to hang out and maybe even learn something.

wheatonFJR posted: IN! Installing speed breeders on my 13 and other stuff
griff posted: Hmmmm - no fornication in my garage
no.gif

(Aren't you guys too old for that stuff?)

IN! May need new tires (again). If so, I can ship them directly to you, yes? If tires are good, I can sit around and criticize. My kids tell me I'm quite good at that.

It's my cousin Zeke! He just plain disappeared 4 years ago; we figgered it had something to do with his meth kitchen in Traveler's Rest -- it's the modern equivalent of a moonshine still, don't you know. Well, the kitchen got all blowed up -- coulda been an accident, coulda been cops, coulda been the Blanton boys from Pumpkintown, hard to know -- and Zeke just up and -- poof! -- vanished.

Y'all are great! I'll call memegenerator.net (shown in the photo) and ask where he's at! His Mom and 'em liked to be worried sick about it all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In an attempt to bring this back on-topic (probably futile), I fully intend to be there for social reasons if no technical reasons present themselves. I'll bring sweet tea. (No shit, a gallon.)

FYB, er.... FY Boys, I'm stayin' home then. Apparently not invited anyway. Who'd wanna go down there on all them straight and boring roads anyhoo...... y'all can blow shit up on yer own.

I'm in !! I just want to help and learn as im out of parts, but I would love to help with eric's CCT as I will be doing my own later this year. Also would like to check my synch I did recently as im not confident in the quality of the new set of gauges I recently bought. Griff do you need any of us to bring any spare or specialty tools needed ??

No special tools. For the CCT probably bring a new CCT gasket and the side cover gasket where we zip tie the cam chain.