Upstate SC Tech (wreck?) session Sunday April 24 Greer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will anyone coming have the tools to replace the fork seals?

Edit: I just reread griffs original post so no fork work here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will anyone coming have the tools to replace the fork seals? Edit: I just reread griffs original post so no fork work here. --- says playinatwork

Arrangements for gen2 fork seal tools to be there can be made
wink.png

PM on the way to you.

I think I'll try and make it too. I have a new center stand I need to put on my '03. The lift will be WAY easier to work on than the way I was planning on doing it. (Was just gonna hang the bike up with my engine hoist.) I'll just let the other guy run the sound board at the church that morning. My mom will be here visiting but she will be getting here a few weeks earlier and I think by that time she'll be tired of my crap anyway. The wife would probably like to come too but she has to play piano at the church and then probably should stay home keep mom company...although mom might like to come hang out too. She's afraid to ride now though after her boyfriend dumped his 47 Harley with her on it back in the 50's.

I think I'll try and make it too. I have a new center stand I need to put on my '03. The lift will be WAY easier to work on than the way I was planning on doing it. (Was just gonna hang the bike up with my engine hoist.) I'll just let the other guy run the sound board at the church that morning. My mom will be here visiting but she will be getting here a few weeks earlier and I think by that time she'll be tired of my crap anyway. The wife would probably like to come too but she has to play piano at the church and then probably should stay home keep mom company...although mom might like to come hang out too. She's afraid to ride now though after her boyfriend dumped his 47 Harley with her on it back in the 50's.
Ray - I still used a sky hook to hang my bike on the lift when I replaced mine. I have a nice rig made out of pipe that we can use to hang your bike. I can't remember how I replace mine so we need to go back and research the forum for historical posts on this subject. I know they're there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still planning to show up although it will most likely be after lunch before I can get there. I just got some SpeedBleeders and if I don't get them installed in the next couple of days, I'll bring them with me.

Still planning to show up although it will most likely be after lunch before I can get there. I just got some SpeedBleeders and if I don't get them installed in the next couple of days, I'll bring them with me.
Come on over. I think Wheaton will be putting his on. Let's see how much air we can get in the lines
rolleyes.gif