Upstate SC Tech (wreck?) session Sunday April 24 Greer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are the parts, but you might try Parts Shark. I think their prices may be better, or maybe some one else from the FJR collective can chime in.

Wish I could join y'all griff, sounds like a fun time!
--G
George - maybe I'll come back out to Reuben Run and we can break some shit
smile.png

No special tools. For the CCT probably bring a new CCT gasket and the side cover gasket where we zip tie the cam chain.
If you are just changing the CCT why do you need to take the side cover off? Disengaging the CCT doesn't slack the chain enough to drop off the crank sprocket.

No special tools. For the CCT probably bring a new CCT gasket and the side cover gasket where we zip tie the cam chain.
If you are just changing the CCT why do you need to take the side cover off? Disengaging the CCT doesn't slack the chain enough to drop off the crank sprocket.
Cuz it ain't no big deal...and you have that extra assurance.

Go back to your outage northerner....
biggrin.png

Cuz it ain't no big deal...and you have that extra assurance.
Go back to your outage northerner....
biggrin.png
Actually Mark, judging by the location of the Mason-Dixon line...Bob has been a southern gentleman a lot longer than you.

You sure? Others that have done this zip tie, I'm just following best practice
smile.png

You sure? Others that have done this zip tie, I'm just following best practice
smile.png
Yes I am sure, provided you don't attempt to rotate the crank. The chain will remain taught between the exhaust cam sprocket and the crank sprocket as long as you DO NOT ROTATE THE CRANK. I said it twice, because it is IMPORTANT.

Griff, I would like to attend and learn how to do brake and clutch fluid change from Wheaton. We have several FJR riders in Anderson. As I recall I rode with you and Petey in AR several years back, of course I had trouble keeping up with you two.

Griff, I would like to attend and learn how to do brake and clutch fluid change from Wheaton. We have several FJR riders in Anderson. As I recall I rode with you and Petey in AR several years back, of course I had trouble keeping up with you two.
Glad to have you. Correction - I don't keep up with Petey.
smile.png

Griff, I would like to attend and learn how to do brake and clutch fluid change from Wheaton.
There's something wrong with this sentence.
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

I'll be there, but I doubt you'll learn anything from me...except as a negative example maybe.
Hey Mark, don't sell yourself short! You could show him how to plug a tire!
not_i.gif

Order speed bleeders now. Unless you already have them, of course.