Venting About Group Buys

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quote me from page 1 of this thread:

How about everyone just take a step back and breathe a little. It's not going to take a whole lot longer before folks are going to start saying things that they are going to regret. Blah, Blah, blah for a while... Keep attacking and he won't even bother.
What a shame... :angry:

Couldn't agree more, Dog. We are MUCH better than this.

I was just going to motion that we close this ridiculous thread, learn something from all that's been said and continue to make the board better....not allowing idiots with oversized egos who like to hear themselves talk drag it down. You want to complain about something....ANYTHING? Then bring a better solution or else go find someone else to whine to. Lead, follow or shut the hell up!

Anyone else in favor of closing this thread and ending this noise???

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't agree more, Dog. We are MUCH better than this.
I was just going to motion that we close this ridiculous thread, learn something from all that's been said and continue to make the board better....not allowing idiots with oversized egos who like to hear themselves talk drag it down. You want to complain about something....ANYTHING? Then bring a better solution or else go find someone else to whine to. Lead, follow or shut the hell up!

Anyone else in favor of closing this thread and ending this noise???
Let's go one more page....... :assassin:

Happy reading,

Bryce

And Barabus......you speak out from an uninformed position. I never had a " bluff " to call. What information I did have was passed along, immediately and in its entirety, to Warchild by another individual who had that info before I did. It's a sad day when individuals, like yourself, fire from the hip when they don't have a clue as to what's transpired. And I could care less about redemption in your book.

Bite me!!

CALLING SCAB!!!!!

All in good humor and fun, I thought, as there are many of us with a rather dry wit who continually "stir the mud".
Mike! Who would do a thing like that? :rolleyes:

Black Mamaba didn't start it so you're "pulling the trigger" on the wrong person.
Actually.......................(.for clarity's sake, because I really don't get any joy out of pointing fingers.)

I was under the impression that it was black mamba that started it. With the post that starts this whole thread. Then of course there was THIS BEAUTY OF A POST.

Now, I am not Warchild, but if I was, a couple of those posts would have really pissed me off. Hell, they DID piss me (as in SkooterG) off.

Sad stuff.

Here's my recommendation. In the future, if there are to be any group buys by whoever, unfortunately, rules will have to be written in the group buy posting. Very specific rules much like our forum guidelines. That way, asshats will have fair warning ahead of time that group buy threads aren't about free speech, bitching, and whining, and posts deemed moist ass cheese may be moved or vaporized at whim.

Black Mamaba didn't start it so you're "pulling the trigger" on the wrong person.
Actually.......................(.for clarity's sake, because I really don't get any joy out of pointing fingers.)

I was under the impression that it was black mamba that started it. With the post that starts this whole thread. Then of course there was THIS BEAUTY OF A POST.

Now, I am not Warchild, but if I was, a couple of those posts would have really pissed me off. Hell, they DID piss me (as in SkooterG) off.

Sad stuff.

Here's my recommendation. In the future, if there are to be any group buys by whoever, unfortunately, rules will have to be written in the group buy posting. Very specific rules much like our forum guidelines. That way, asshats will have fair warning ahead of time that group buy threads aren't about free speech, bitching, and whining, and posts deemed moist ass cheese may be moved or vaporized at whim.
SkooterG, you're right,it's not always about free speech.

Hard to believe that this Thread has been runnin' for 3 days. Won't somebody seal this sucker and lets move on.

One consideration is that these GBs have vendors involved and coming to our site -- vendors that the guy putting together the GB is bringing here and selling on doing the GB. The vendors' natural interests are typically in cultivating new customers as a likely source of future business, and they're likely wondering if it's worth the time and effort to run a high volume buy at lower profit margins while having to deal with fixing any glitches in product, shipping, etc. Fielding bitches and having other vendors' products or terms introduced into the GB posts is not likely a positive for them.

Meantime, the guy putting together the GB is in the middle, selling the vendor on the idea that we're worthy and good customers, etc. Ever think about what a shitty place it is for that guy to be in when the vendor starts reading the flak even before the ordering is done? Have you ever put in a good word for someone to get him comped or get a break on something and then he makes an ass of himself when he goes in to take advantage of it? I bet you just couldn't wait to hear back from the business owner you did your "friend" a favor with about what an ungrateful boor your "friend" was.

Point is:we need to think about the audience and what'll be accomplished before posting on GB threads (on top of the issue of dissing someone spending his time to do the rest of us a favor).

A very insightful discussion, this thread. We'll see if it does any good in the future. Because if you think there will always be Group Buys, you may have to think again.

Before I close this tired bitch, I leave you all with these thoughts.

First off, some of you 'wipes who are all up in arms regarding "free speech" and "isn't this what an open forum all about" and all the rest of that feel-good, warm and fuzzy shit, know this: the Group Buy doesn't belong to the forum members, and forum members have NO FUCKING SAY in what or how the Group Buy is run. The motherfucker who is RUNNING the goddamn Group Buy is the one calling the shots. Not forum members. And no goddamn committee of Admins, either. The guy doing the work and making the shit happen owns all the rules for that particular Group Buy. Don't like it? Tough shit; go change your tampon, pussy. No one is holding a gun to your head and demanding you save hundreds of dollars. Just don't fucking participate. How hard is that to comprehend?

Now, with regard to Group Buy vendors....

When I first started scouring the vendors for this Exhaust Group Buy, for the first time ever, I had vendors actually decline to participate. Some very, VERY well known vendors, folks who have even done successful group buys with us in the past... they simply refused to do another one with us.

Now... why is that, do you suppose? (caution, that was a rhetorical question)

Do you suppose that maybe - just maybe - they learned their lesson the from previous Group Buys?

Do you suppose that they read about the bitching and moaning from the HID Group Buy... the Superbrace Group Buy.... the Wilbers Group Buy... the Spiegler Group Buy... the second round of the Wilbers Group Buy.... and decided that some of you fuckwits are just not worth the hassle?

I went back as asked some of the previous Group Buy vendors why they refused to participate in this one. Guess what? THEY READ THIS FORUM!!!! They see what kind of asshat behavior some of you 'tards engage in. Basically, they want no part of you. Why subject themselves to this kind of abuse when they aren't exactly profiting when they sell shit at much reduced Group Buy prices? What kind of sense does that make? It doesn't, so, they decided not to play.

Let me share a quote from a vendor with whom I spoke with about this Group Buy situation, and I think he put it pretty succinctly:

"I would like the business but sometimes letting go of difficult customers is cheaper than trying to please them."

That's it in a nutshell right there. With some of the cut-throat, "blow-out prices" the volume web sites publish on these exhaust systems, there just about isn't DICK for any meaningful profit margin as it is. But it's not enough for some of you. Some of you have GOT to demand lowest possible price on everything, you just want it all, and you want it for free, hell, maybe the vendor should just pay you to take the inventory off his hands. <_<

Exhaust GB Vendor Note: For those who had already signed up for this Group Buy, sales will start being processed tomorrow (Tuesday) 2-21-07; customers should start looking for email invoices in the inbox of the email address they used when signing up.

This thread was gay from the day it started.
You got that right, odot. And the faggotiness ends right here right now. We are done

Status
Not open for further replies.