Venting About Group Buys

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Buys are getting fucked up left and right. You wouldn't believe the number of PMs I've gotten on the Handy Lift GB in spite of the very first post saying not to contact me and later repeating it multiple times and in LARGE FONTS that only a blind retard would miss.
You just need to go "Skyway" on them.

Phuck, I was riding in Death Valley for three days and missed all the flaming. After reading, four pages why did not anyone call Black Mamba's bluff? BM is short on details despite the proper grammar. I for one like forum members that 1) can ride, 2) that give technical support and 3) that make me laugh. BM, proper grammar does rank high on my list. This is a forum, not a legal document. Do we have the option to ignore on this forum, like the STN ignore button? WOW, BM thanks, I really wanted SS brake lines but do not blame WC for not doing it. Maybe you are going to put the work into making the connections and dealing with all complexities of the transaction? Doubtful, but if you do then you are on your way to redemption in my book. FYI, I just did an Accident Scene Management Class for 25 riders in Southern California. It covered what to do if your buddy is in a accident on his bike and you roll up on him. Very worthy thing and seems simple enough, right? You cannot imagine the time it took and I almost cancelled it twice. Note to BM, I spelled Phuck wrong intentionally.

In all fairness, AFAIK it wasn't any one individual, at least not the snake, but a cumulative thing. It usually is.

In all fairness, AFAIK it wasn't any one individual, at least not the snake, but a cumulative thing. It usually is.
+1

I recall reading an opinion that GBs are all about the egos of the people running them. ?!?!? That really needed to be said, didn't it? It sure added a lot. As many GBs as I've taken advantage of, I mostly appreciate the work that goes into organizing and offering them -- I may bitch in jest about going broke from them, but they've saved me a lot of money buying top notch stuff and "'I'm ecstatic about the work' and 'I will never bitch'" again, even in jest. :D

Glad I pulled the trigger early on the Muzzy pipe and PCIII. Also glad I will be enjoying (assuming testing warrants) the very kind of SS brakelines I most covet . . . on my Blackbird. But not so happy to have that possibility fucked up for my FJR.

BTW, Rad -- that "piece" that you posted the other day?? Just to set the context straight, I believe THAT KIND is for licking, not for saying. :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
As many GBs as I've taken advantage of, I mostly appreciate the work that goes into organizing and offering them -- I may bitch in jest about going broke from them, but they've saved me a lot of money buying top notch stuff.
I think thats part of the problem here. Let me be clear, I don't think you're not a naysayer exskibum. You're middle of the road.

But, the underlined bits should be exchanged with the terms "I'm ecstatic about the work" and "I will never bitch" be expressed by everybody on the fourm. Group Buys should be a climate of unbridled excitement and not a continuum of satisfaction on one end because folks have gotten used them, to ho-hum in the middle, and a couple naysayers that **** it up for everybody. It's demoralizing for the folks that setup and organize these group buys.

Personally, I hope Warchild doesn't do a group buy until one of the half dozen or so naysayers do one first themself and see what kind of headache it is.

Or, maybe we need some new guidelines for Group Buys...special ones not unlike we have for Dealer reviews.

As many GBs as I've taken advantage of, I mostly appreciate the work that goes into organizing and offering them -- I may bitch in jest about going broke from them, but they've saved me a lot of money buying top notch stuff.
I think thats part of the problem here. Let me be clear, I don't think you're not a naysayer exskibum. You're middle of the road.

But, the underlined bits should be exchanged with the terms "I'm ecstatic about the work" and "I will never bitch" be expressed by everybody on the fourm. Group Buys should be a climate of unbridled excitement and not a continuum of satisfaction on one end because folks have gotten used them, to ho-hum in the middle, and a couple naysayers that **** it up for everybody. It's demoralizing for the folks that setup and organize these group buys.

Personally, I hope Warchild doesn't do a group buy until one of the half dozen or so naysayers do one first themself and see what kind of headache it is.

Or, maybe we need some new guidelines for Group Buys...special ones not unlike we have for Dealer reviews.
Whooooaaaaa, Iggy!!!!! Sorry for the apparently ambiguous context, but you've taken those two things out of context in the most negative fashion without understanding their meaning. Therefore, let me explain:

In saying "I mostly appreciate . . . " I meant that it's the emotion I most feel about it. (Admittedly, I should have used "most" instead of "mostly".) As to the "bitching in jest", you need to check with WC on this. What you're not knowing is that my (second) Blackbird is a lot more farkled than my FJR -- nearly all off WC's group buys, and to say I'm middle of the road, as opposed to ecstatic at the opportunities thus afforded can only be indicative of misunderstanding. My fault for not appreciating the hair trigger around here (again), added to your not understanding the context of my other GB experiences with WC and others off the XX sites). I'm "middle of the road"??? Few are more appreciative than I am about these GBs and the only kind of "bitching" EVER written by me about these GBs is that they're so good and so difficult to resist (the really good stuff I covet at killer prices) that my credit cards suffer REGULARLY. Shit, Iggy -- go pick on TWN for the SAME kind of good natured "bitching". I'm hurt now. :unsure:

Thank you Radman for pointing out that it was not me that had anything derogatory to say about Warchild, or group buys either. All of my postings have been complementary of Warchild. I have been the beneficiary of several group buys he put together and no one has appreciated his efforts more than me....not just in staging group buys but in other capacities as well.

And Barabus......you speak out from an uninformed position. I never had a " bluff " to call. What information I did have was passed along, immediately and in its entirety, to Warchild by another individual who had that info before I did. It's a sad day when individuals, like yourself, fire from the hip when they don't have a clue as to what's transpired. And I could care less about redemption in your book.

+2

Barabus, you are coming to the party late. Most of the conversation took place on another thread and some of that was transfered here. Black Mamaba didn't start it so you're "pulling the trigger" on the wrong person. Dale has made his decision on what to do, so the rest is moot. The thread then morphed (Amazing on this forum, huh?) into discussion on grammar and became, at least for my part, a chance to poke an anthill with a stick. All in good humor and fun, I thought, as there are many of us with a rather dry wit who continually "stir the mud".

Matt, perhaps some guidelines need to be set in place. Or a disclaimer included on the (or every) group buy announcement that "this may not be the 'best price' and any member is free to negotiate or purchase this product from whomever they wish". This should be understood by the general populace. (Are we visiting the "lowest common denominator" factor?) Just what you need, more discussion between the admins.

Personally I have elected not to participate in a few group buys because I could get a close-to-competitive price and support a local vendor. That was my decision but not one I published to the Forum at large.

As far as I am concerned, the faux pas was that the person who found a better price should or could have PM'd the one setting up the group buy and handled it away from the public opining that someone was in it for other reasons. Then the "Group Buy Leader" could have done research and gathered facts.

Alas, because of the tack (Notice, not ATTACK; not TACT or the disuse of it) that was taken, the FJR Forum members are the losers.

All in all, this has been fun and a learning experience. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming and/or indoctrination!

Whooooaaaaa, Iggy!!!!! Sorry for the apparently ambiguous context, but you've taken those two things out of context in the most negative fashion without understanding their meaning. Therefore, let me explain:
You're right, but thats exactly my point. One piece taken out of context on these Group Buys is all it seems to take.

What you're not knowing is that my (second) Blackbird is a lot more farkled than my FJR -- nearly all off WC's group buys, and to say I'm middle of the road, as opposed to ecstatic at the opportunities thus afforded can only be indicative of misunderstanding.
Again you're right, but the point is that somebody who isn't in some know will not know that and say something stupid farther down the non-ecstatic scale.

Warchild does appear to have a hair trigger. It's certainly accumulated scar tissue from a small hand full of folks, but I suspect it's also from us middle-of-the-road folks on this Buy that weren't gung-ho, over-the-top, thank-you-thank-you supportive.

I'm not chastising you....really. I'm lamenting the possible loss of future great buying events because instead of being supportive, I swung at the pitches in the dirt.

Damn, there I was sitting at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe with Ford and Zaphod, an I get a hologram from the pod informing me that hell has risein up and the group buy is off. Damn you Golgafrinchans and druids.

Though I haven't participated in any buys yet, I do know that it takes a lot of time and effort to get everything on track.

Hopefully this dosen't muck things up for further GB's.

B

Warchild does appear to have a hair trigger.
Just to be clear, THAT is not what I said or meant -- I was talking about the way this place goes off on something sometimes, almost out of nowhere. As to WC, he won't put up with taking shit, especially when it really is a big favor he's doing for others with his time. I respect that -- it's his time to give or not. As to me, I've never had less than a great interaction with Dale -- probably THE single most helpful member of the motorcycling community I've ever come across.

I'm lamenting the possible loss of future great buying events because instead of being supportive, . . . .
I hear ya loud and clear. And having seen the light brackets and Soltecs on Skyway's bike in person, I'm hoping this nonsense ends before we stop having group buys from guys making, testing and lining up these goodies for us. No one has to participate in a group buy. I've passed on some for a variety of reasons, usually because I decided to do something else. What I don't understand is hitting the "add reply" button with a comment denigrating the intentions, motives or performance of the guys putting them together.

Thank you Radman for pointing out that it was not me that had anything derogatory to say about Warchild, or group buys either. All of my postings have been complementary of Warchild. I have been the beneficiary of several group buys he put together and no one has appreciated his efforts more than me....not just in staging group buys but in other capacities as well.
And Barabus......you speak out from an uninformed position. I never had a " bluff " to call. What information I did have was passed along, immediately and in its entirety, to Warchild by another individual who had that info before I did. It's a sad day when individuals, like yourself, fire from the hip when they don't have a clue as to what's transpired. And I could care less about redemption in your book.

Bite me!!

Barabus, you are coming to the party late. Most of the conversation took place on another thread and some of that was transfered here. Black Mamaba didn't start it so you're "pulling the trigger" on the wrong person. Dale has made his decision on what to do, so the rest is moot. The thread then morphed (Amazing on this forum, huh?) into discussion on grammar and became, at least for my part, a chance to poke an anthill with a stick. All in good humor and fun, I thought, as there are many of us with a rather dry wit who continually "stir the mud".

Thanks for the info. Still mad about the cancelling of the SS brake lines before I even knew it existed.

Before I joined the forum I could tell it was winter by the weather. Now I just look for the nitpicking and bitchin' :jerry: ,too bad this one went too far.

(snip)I'm still unresolved and wish there was a better way to deal with the one or two asshats in each group buy that are less than complimentary. Maybe dogpiling them isn't the ultimate way to go despite tradition.

(snip)
Ignore the asshat comments and do the things you enjoy. No good deed goes unpunished, but if you enjoy doing the good deed then you should do it and enjoy it to the max.

Ignore the asshat comments and do the things you enjoy. No good deed goes unpunished, but if you enjoy doing the good deed then you should do it and enjoy it to the max.
It's not me that would need to do the ignoring....it would be the ones organizing the Group Buys.

Me do a Group Buy? No way. I'd want to maim somebody.

Only way I'd do it is set up a special group on the forum and seed it without about a half dozen folks....which wouldn't be able to see or post to the thread.

....now that's a thought. A group called Members- that don't get to see Group Buys......hmmmmmm. <_<

BTW, the bike is mostly back together. Finish putting on the plastic tonight and it's ride time to work!!!!!!

I say we close this forum forever....too many asses like me complaining about shit. Screw the right people.....screw the wrong people.....let me get my rifle out.....with the night-scope on it.....

WTF? This is absolutely embarrassing. Are we adults? My five year olds are more mature than most of the bantering going on here.

WC is the only, let me repeat ONLY guy who wastes his precious time to help us lame-asses out. Always has been, hopefully will be again some day. I am sure if he directly this energy to his paying job he would be taking some serious cash home to his family. I notice that none of you have the balls to step up and work for us for free like he does. Everybody has somehow decided that information is free, and they have the nerve to question the source of an individual who has time and time again proven his credibility and worth.

Gotta love the fuckleberries who feel almighty sitting behind their keyboard. They got the whole world figured out and they try to prove it with a couple of keystrokes. **** you. Words mean shit, and you are the steaming pile that you write.

I think that in the future we should ignore these knobs and go on our happy way. Engaging them only gives them what they are looking for and leaves the rest of us with a mess. Consider locking them out of the site and/or the group buy for a while. No censoring, no muss, no fuss, just buh-bye.

C'mon guys, we're better than this. Let's never let this place be anything less than the best it can be. It's just too damn good for it to be wasted.

-BD

Status
Not open for further replies.