Vibranator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never tried one or even seen one. Interesting idea though. And 30 day satisfaction guarantee is pretty good too. I think you should try one then post back to us! :unsure:

It may be simply a heavy weight that goes inside the bars.... Honda has had them since the 70's. YOu can also buy bar end weights.

I order it today.

My concern is the installation as this is what my grip looks after removing the end-cap:

DSC_0087.jpg

Can anyone splain how or what principle they are supposed to work on?

Well other then helicopter?

Bustanut has one of these permanently mounted in his anus, so i'm sure he'll have some details about how they work.

Oh... wait... this product cancels out vibrations? Nevermind; that's different than what Bustanut has...

Looks interesting. Will that rubber bit just pull out if you thread a bolt in and tug on it? Dont have my FJR at home to play with. Gonna get these things to try in the KTM 640 ADV it needs all the help it can get :) .

Found this - comes with tool to loose that rubber bit

https://www.vibranator.com/ProductDetails.a...%2DI%2D002%2DBT

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
I order it today.My concern is the installation as this is what my grip looks after removing the end-cap:

DSC_0087.jpg

The original rubber internal will have to be removed first. The THROTTLEMIESTER uses much the same principal but you also get a throttle lock, it comes with a sleeve and screw thingybob to remove original rubber internal.

Regards

Surly

:ph34r:

I order it today.My concern is the installation as this is what my grip looks after removing the end-cap:

DSC_0087.jpg

The original rubber internal will have to be removed first. The THROTTLEMIESTER uses much the same principal but you also get a throttle lock, it comes with a sleeve and screw thingybob to remove original rubber internal.

Regards

Surly

:ph34r:

Looks interesting. Will that rubber bit just pull out if you thread a bolt in and tug on it? Dont have my FJR at home to play with. Gonna get these things to try in the KTM 640 ADV it needs all the help it can get :) .
Found this - comes with tool to loose that rubber bit

https://www.vibranator.com/ProductDetails.a...%2DI%2D002%2DBT

Josh

That is where I ordered from... guess I missed the note that the removal tool is included....

Thanks!

Please post back with your results.. very curious to see if they work or not.
OK, so I have had the Vibranator for about 500 miles (3 separate days) and my review is 'mixed'.

I have been extremely conscious of my riding position, grip tension, etc trying to avoid the usual numbness I get.

Since installing the device I feel the numbness take longer to appear and is not as strong as usual, but that I get it I still get it. :(

I did not think about returning, but would not strongly recommend others to try.

Overall, I would give it a 6/10.

Please post back with your results.. very curious to see if they work or not.
OK, so I have had the Vibranator for about 500 miles (3 separate days) and my review is 'mixed'.

I have been extremely conscious of my riding position, grip tension, etc trying to avoid the usual numbness I get.

Since installing the device I feel the numbness take longer to appear and is not as strong as usual, but that I get it I still get it. :(

I did not think about returning, but would not strongly recommend others to try.

Overall, I would give it a 6/10.
I installed the vibranators on my 07 FJR and noktice a good deal less buzz on the grips. I find these are reaaly effective if you use foam contoured aftermarket grips. I have not taken an all day ride yet with the setup but have taken a 150 mile ride and can report no discomfort. Prior to this I was running heavy bar-end weights which were good but not as effective as the vibranators.

The Vibranator is everything they claim it to be. My Honda 919 was a very buzzy motorcycle; 40 miles on the highway and my hands were numb and tingling. After I installed the Vibranators I did 90 miles with no numbness or tingling. And it is more sophisticated than just bar end weights. If I remember correctly, it was a metal cylinder threaded on one side that hangs in the handlebar that vibrates out of phase of the bikes vibration thus cancelling it out. I only bought them for the 919 because I don't have any hand grip vibration problems with my FJR or my FZ1.

IMHO they are definitely worth the money.

Well you got one of the good ones. FJRs vary all across the board on it. Some claim silky smooth engines and others like mine get the vibes coming up through the pegs and the seat. Not as bad through the grips, but still there. My 04 didn't buzz near as much as my 08. I think it's hit or miss on wheather you get one that is actually smooth.

GP

All motorcycles vibrate. The difference is whether it's at a frequency that the individual rider feels or not. I can feel some vibrations on my 2006 FJR1300 but it doesn't bother me in the least. I never get numbness in my hands and hardly even notice it unless I'm focusing on it.

On the other hand, I feel a great deal of vibration on my CBR1100XX while my son feels absolutely nothing but a vibration-free motorcycle when he rides the Blackbird.

Consequently, I'd used a heavy-weight Throttlemeister and PROGRIP 714 Dual Sport Gel Grips for many years but still had some numbness in my hands.

Last winter, I'd installed a set of Vibranators and felt that the reduction in the vibrations that I felt on the Blackbird was significantly reduced. However, after several thousand miles, I've started to feel more and more vibration on that bike and would say that the Vibranators have not proven to be a good long term remedy for the vibration that I feel on that bike.

My 08 FJR vibrates way more thru the handlebars than my VFR and I've even added the nicer bar ends to help w/ the problem. My hands are going to sleep way too easily on this bike. That's why I read thru this thread in fact. I finally did a decently long 2-up ride this past weekend -- 352 miles and woah .. did my arms and hands feel the vibration on a longer ride. Whereas my rear-end was completely okay with my Rick Mayer saddle! The absolute best saddle (compared to my Corbin and Seargent in the past) I've ever used bar none. Also, the most expensive I believe but worth it.

As soon as someone figures out a sure way of addressing the vibration thru the handlebars, I'll be all over it! Just spent $100 on the bar-ends though and to be honest, not sure how much it helped. I'd guess at most 20% or so. Barely noticeable.