VOZZ Helmet, look, no chin strap!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not for me, since I get claustrophobic in a full-face, but at least I'd quit getting my gloves on before I realized I forgot to buckle the damn strap.
angry01.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Not for me, since I get claustrophobic in a full-face, but at least I'd quit getting my gloves on before I realized I forgot to buckle the damn strap.
angry01.gif
I'm glad I'm not the only one with that glove problem ;)

It is an interesting design, and I can see the safety aspect for emergency personnel .... if they know how it operates.

angry01.gif
Won't help, Mike. You'll still leave your key in your pocket. ;)

This seems a bit like a solution in search of a problem.

While it might be beneficial after an accident, if you just happen to land face up on your back like in the marketing material, how many times out of 100 does that happen?

Until this kind of helmet is commonplace I think you'd risk the paramedics not knowing how to get the damn thing off.

angry01.gif
Won't help, Mike. You'll still leave your key in your pocket.
wink.png

While it might be beneficial after an accident, if you just happen to land face up on your back like in the marketing material, how many times out of 100 does that happen?

Until this kind of helmet is commonplace I think you'd risk the paramedics not knowing how to get the damn thing off.
My thoughts exactly. EMTs are trained how to deal with helmets with straps. When they can't find a strap -- now what?

angry01.gif
wink.png

My thoughts exactly. EMTs are trained how to deal with helmets with straps. When they can't find a strap -- now what?
Sounds like some of our older crowd during foreplay!!! SORRY, that was way off topic.

ON topic, clicking it tight looks cumbersome.

angry01.gif
wink.png

Sounds like some of our older crowd during foreplay!!! SORRY, that was way off topic.
Well yeah! But funny
lol_zpsfd3ahpbp.gif

ON topic, clicking it tight looks cumbersome.
I didn't think it was too difficult for clicking (closing) the helmet, or opening it as shown in the following video.

What I didn't like when watching the video is that they say it has a 6-step emergency removal process in an emergency, having the rescue personnel scanning a qrs code for directions of removing plugs, screws, etc.

I agree safety personnel would need to be shown these lids.

I'm interested to see one in person if they make it to the States, and then to make judgement.

The chin cup they mention & show seems like it would be uncomfortable.

Cutting torch or reciprocating saw will probably get it off in a backwoods emergency.

Pah! Who needs a chin strap? They never use 'em in movies. Just plop that helmet on, and awaaaaay they go. And the actors never get helmet hair, either!
And they can talk to each other riding along side by side on the highway by just raising their voices slightly.

On their FAQ page it says "PRESENTLY THE HELMET IS CERTIFIED TO DOT, AS/NZ AND ECE STANDARDS ONLY. SG/JIS TO FOLLOW."

angry01.gif
wink.png

Don't the EMT's carry Jaws of Life??

angry01.gif
wink.png

Don't the EMT's carry Jaws of Life??
Would that be like opening a can of beans with a crow bar?

Not sure I want Barney operating that equipment around my skull. Skulls crack like eggshells. I'd rather they just cut a strap and be done with it.

EDIT: Btw, this is one helmet Skooterg could really hurt himself with. Don't do it Greg!

Last edited by a moderator: