VOZZ Helmet, look, no chin strap!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's thinking outside the box, and for that, I like the effort. We need more innovation in motorcycle products, and not just color changes.

That said, the point of not having a strap doesn't appear to be worth the effort in design. If the design afforded a major noise reduction, say 40 decibels at 80mph, then it would get more positive attention. In all the conversations I've had with fellow motorcyclists, not once has a conversation centered around the helmet strap. It's one of those necessary evils, that honestly, isn't all that evil.

Now, if Arai would come up with a simple way install the cheekpads and have them stay, then I would be a happy man. 😜

I can just about guarantee that these will not become commonplace.
A helmet strap works just fine.
Especially if you have an ordinary helmet lock. How are we going to lock this helmet to the bike?

It would be interesting if they would consider custom fitting with foam bladders like they used to do with ski boots.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
I can just about guarantee that these will not become commonplace. A helmet strap works just fine.
Especially if you have an ordinary helmet lock. How are we going to lock this helmet to the bike?It would be interesting if they would consider custom fitting with foam bladders like they used to do with ski boots.Dan
Didn't I JUST say that? Well, not the high speed ski boot air bladder thing, but definately the helmet lock thing. Lol... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can just about guarantee that these will not become commonplace. A helmet strap works just fine.
Especially if you have an ordinary helmet lock. How are we going to lock this helmet to the bike?It would be interesting if they would consider custom fitting with foam bladders like they used to do with ski boots.Dan
Didn't I JUST say that? Well, not the high speed ski boot air bladder thing, but definately the helmet lock thing. Lol...
smile.png
I was thinking that myself. How the heck does the helmet lock work with it? LOL

Hard enough finding a helmet that fits your head.Now you'll have to find one that also fits your chin.

Sorry Jay Leno, that will be a special order.

I am interested in it but it has to fit and be comfortable for hours. the tighter fit around the neck should reduce noise. the price is also to much for that number I can get a Shoei that fits great and I know will be comfortable

I kind of like it but not for $900. I also see some of the other points. I am a firefighter/emt and before seeing the website I would have looked at it and said wtf is this. Trying to figure out how to get a helmet off when the wearer is unconscious/ not breathing isnt the time to be trying to figure it out. But if your in trauma arrest your chance of surviving is pretty slim.