Wanted: a decent frikken tank bra for an FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a Tankslapper on mine for about 4 years. If installed properly and carefully you can't go wrong, or mess up the looks of your bike. Cheap as hell too.

remus_hexacone_04.jpg

what's the trim on your windshield? where did you get it? Does it "do anything" or is it just for looks?
It looks like Saeng edging. Link here.

That looks interesting if it works as it claims (on their web site). But I wonder how distracting it is when the shield is fully up?
Yeah it's the Saeng edging....don't waste your money it only works so so if even that. At $12/ft (and I needed 4') it would have been better to put that money towards a larger shield.

[edit] nevermind
Fred, all the FJR Bagsters are logo'd.
Yeah, I figured that out. Well, all the black ones are logo'ed. It appears that some of the colored ones might not be from pictures on their web site, but I wanted black anyway.

As far as the source, I wouldn't use any Stateside supplier as they all suck. Bagster has been through 3 or 4 since I bought mine (from bikejohnny). Just my .02.
Too late. I ordered from the link above (https://www.rideaddict.com). $137 plus only $10 shipping. This saves me > $50 over Bike Johnny, which is significant IMO (assuming I actually get the damn thing). It is also about the same as what I'd have spent for the second look tank skin with FJR embroidered logo, but this is far better IMO.

I only ordered the tank cover as I have a Bagster already on the Pegaso (came with it) and will switch the bag back and forth for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I know where to get the Bagster. Do let us know how the supllier does in getting it to you. I've been looking for a full tank cover as well, but couldn't find a dealer for those (Didn't help that I didn't know what they were called either).

Now I know where to get the Bagster. Do let us know how the supllier does in getting it to you. I've been looking for a full tank cover as well, but couldn't find a dealer for those (Didn't help that I didn't know what they were called either).
Definitely, will do. I'll be the guinea pig.

when i ordered mine about last Jule, i just called the distributer and talk to him on the phone, he explained to me the order comes strait from France, at that time of year i Guess all of France slows doun production to go on vacation.

It was about 4 or 5 week before it arrived to my door, i have no complaints, the distributer had already explained to me about this France/ vacation thing.

FJR Bagsters is A+ you shouldn't be disappointed.

One more thing, my black tank cover is logo'ed with FJR on the side and i like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i ordered mine about last Jule, i just called the distributer and talk to him on the phone, he explained to me the order comes strait from France, at that time of year i Guess all of France slows doun production to go on vacation.
It was about 4 or 5 week before it arrived to my door, i have no complaints, the distributer had already explained to me about this France/ vacation thing.

FJR Bagsters is A+ you shouldn't be disappointed.

One more thing, my black tank cover is logo'ed with FJR on the side and i like it.

Thanks for that. I didn't call anyone, just ordered online. I guess I'll be prepared for a slowish delivery. But that's really OK considering I'll be putting the bike up for hibernation pretty soon anyway. The dreaded snow is on its way.

I have a bagster on my '05, and love it. A bonus feature that I never even thought of before I owned it, is that it cuts way down on the heat transferred through the tank to the boys. Bonus!!

I have exchanged emails with the folks at rideaddict.com and the prior report was correct. The lead time on these is 3 weeks as they are made to order in France. They claim that nobody in the US holds inventory on these including the US distributor.

Just thought others would like to know in case they are interested in ordering one, you won't get it quickly. You may be able to get it faster from Bike Johnny in the UK but then there is the price and shipping cost penalties.

I have Second Look on my '05...
That looks pretty clean. I'm sure the solid black vinyl one just like it would have been fine. But for the small amount extra I think the Bagster cover will be even better.

Interesting that all the '05's that have a second look have the CF one listed for the '04. Nobody seems to have the blue vinyl one...

How does the bagster affect fueling up? I'm getting an '08 in about a month and have already scratched that tank up at least a hundred times in my mind.