Wanted: a decent frikken tank bra for an FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the bagster affect fueling up?

Doesn't slow me down. in the front you have two locking rings, I leave the right one unlocked and just unsnap the rear and swing it out of the way hanging from the left front clip.
I think it would depend on which bag you have clipped on. Obviously (if you've seen pictures of them) if you don't have a tank bag clipped on the fuel cap is out in the open.

I don't have mine for the FJR yet, (still waiting my 3 weeks delivery time) but as mentioned earlier, I have one already on my Aprilia. On that one, with the smallish bag I have on it, I can just release the two rear quick disconnect clips (squeeze to release) and the tank bag hinges up and forward enough to fill. I imagine it will be even easier on the FJR with that bag since there is no cross-bar on the handlebars like on the Pegaso, so it should flip even further forward.

I think I'm going to go ahead and go with a bagster as well. Anyone have any opinions on the various tank bags?

I have exchanged emails with the folks at rideaddict.com and the prior report was correct. The lead time on these is 3 weeks as they are made to order in France. They claim that nobody in the US holds inventory on these including the US distributor.

Just thought others would like to know in case they are interested in ordering one, you won't get it quickly. You may be able to get it faster from Bike Johnny in the UK but then there is the price and shipping cost penalties.
Follow-up on my Bagster order from rideaddict. I ordered on 10/30. Unit arrived at my door today 11/20. I'm very pleased with the overall exchange and price as mentioned previously. It is clearly a quality product.

However, since this is the current view from my office window, I guess I don't have to rush to put it on just now:

DCP_1803.JPG

How does the bagster affect fueling up? I'm getting an '08 in about a month and have already scratched that tank up at least a hundred times in my mind.

TejasFJR,

I've got a Bagster and have no fueling issues whatsoever. When I first put it on, I did have it too far forward and the gas tank lid would not open all the way (my fault). I re-adjusted it and, no problemo! What a relief it is to not worry about scratching the tank anymore. The Bagster fit nicely and the color on the black cherry is surprisingly close. Ofcourse, it doesn't shine like the bike, then again, it doesn't scratch like the bike either. Good product, a little pricey, but well worth it in my book. Bought mine at Rideaddict.com, dealt with Fero Sutka, yep that's his name and he seems like an okay guy.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and ride safely, especially through the holidays! The Hound

How does the bagster affect fueling up? I'm getting an '08 in about a month and have already scratched that tank up at least a hundred times in my mind.

TejasFJR,

I've got a Bagster and have no fueling issues whatsoever. When I first put it on, I did have it too far forward and the gas tank lid would not open all the way (my fault). I re-adjusted it and, no problemo! What a relief it is to not worry about scratching the tank anymore. The Bagster fit nicely and the color on the black cherry is surprisingly close. Ofcourse, it doesn't shine like the bike, then again, it doesn't scratch like the bike either. Good product, a little pricey, but well worth it in my book. Bought mine at Rideaddict.com, dealt with Fero Sutka, yep that's his name and he seems like an okay guy.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and ride safely, especially through the holidays! The Hound
Will be attaching the Baster to my bike this coming weekend. Any pics of how you attach the strap that goes on in front of the seat?