• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - top case lock for late model FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spudmanz

Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt]Found a lock thanks to all of you that helped me.[/SIZE] :)

Any one got a extra lock for side bag or top case 2006 or later. I had an extra one for my top case but I'll be damned if I can fine it. The dealers wants to have sex with me or at least that's how much it will cost to get a new set of three locks. Of course they won't sell one lock only the set. Can anyone help me find a lock? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any one got a extra lock for side bag or top case 2006 or later. I had an extra one for my top case but I'll be damned if I can fine it. The dealers wants to have sex with me or at least that's how much it will cost to get a new set of three locks. Of course they won't sell one lock only the set. Can anyone help me find a lock? :eek:
I presume you would need a key to my bike with that lock, eh? :blink:

I have bought individual locks from https://yamahasportsplaza.com/ with no problems. They come with keys but you can mix and match the tumblers in them to make your key work with them. You may need to drop out one or two of the tumblers that don't match your key but it will still work ok but with slightly less security as not all of the tumblers are there.

I have a top case lock for an '05...any chance you could make it work or are they that much different?

dbx

I have a top case lock for an '05...any chance you could make it work or are they that much different?

dbx
I don't know if it will. Here are some pictures of the lock on my bike. If they look like they match let me know.

https://picasaweb.google.com/spudzman/FJRLOCK

Spudmanz

I presume you would need a key to my bike with that lock, eh? :blink:
Thanks for the offer but I like my bike not yours.

I have bought individual locks from https://yamahasportsplaza.com/ with no problems. They come with keys but you can mix and match the tumblers in them to make your key work with them. You may need to drop out one or two of the tumblers that don't match your key but it will still work ok but with slightly less security as not all of the tumblers are there.
Thanks for the help, I sent them a request for a price on a replacement lock. I will let you know how much they qoute me on one lock.

Gen 1 & Gen 2 locks should be identical. A lock from an outside source is able to be re-keyed. Please search the site to find the info.

Did you miss post #4 spudmanz? Looks like your search might be done?