Wayne (ExtremeMarine) and Annette Update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An update on us....
Annette, thanks so much for popping in and filling us in. Its been great to see those that can checking in on the two of you and keeping us current as well.

You both have a bit of a go ahead of you, but I can tell from our little chat that evening, your the type of people that will face some adversity and kick its ass. I'll continue to keep you both in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Annette,

Thanks for the great news! I was sure hoping you both would be home by now, But it seems that Wayne is in good hands in Richmond.

This community is like no other... They pull together for each other! I am proud to be a part of this great family of people!

If i get through Richmond before Wayne gets released, I will try to go see him somehow!

Adam

Annette:

We are so very pleased to hear that you are home and that Wayne is on the mend. I will echo the the sentiments of a lot of my fellows. Wayne is indeed a fortunate man to have you as a partner.

Keep the faith and S/F

-Greg-

Annette, I dont think that we met at the EOM officially, but I do remember speaking to Wayne a few times.....It is so good to hear from you and to get an update on Wayne from a "close" source!!! It takes a strong woman to keep things together the way you have. Please continue to keep us posted on both of you and take it as easy as you can....... :rolleyes: ..

Will continue to keep you both in our thoughts and prayers.........

Sherrie (roys better half)

PS I am not registered on here myself either, but since I am on more than Roy I am thinking about it too!!

Wayne and Annette, so sorry I was not able to hear about your unfortunate incident. I was talking to Wayne before EOM, unfortunately I had to work the weekend of EOM and I was not able to go. I'd love to go visit Wayne, just need to know where he is. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to the both of you.

Wayne and Annette, so sorry I was not able to hear about your unfortunate incident. I was talking to Wayne before EOM, unfortunately I had to work the weekend of EOM and I was not able to go. I'd love to go visit Wayne, just need to know where he is. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to the both of you.

I think it's posted towards the beginning of this thread.

Thanks for the update... it sounds encouraging. I've been following this thread and praying. Hopefully I'll get to meet you guys at the next EOM.

Eric, this is the hospital info:

Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital

1906 Belleview Ave SE

Roanoke, VA 24014-1838

Phone: (540) 981-7000

Their last name is Reeves

Annette: glad that you guys are feeling well as can be expected. Not much longer & it's going to be even better. I could definitely hear it in both of your voices when I spoke to you on Saturday.

Keep the faith sista',

Heidi

Annette,

it was sooooo good to read your post. I have been thinking about you guys non-stop and saying lots of prayers. It's good to hear that things will be ok. I am sorry that there will be alot of recovery but I will continue to send positive thoughts your way.

It was so fun getting to meet you even though you and Wayne ditched us on Saturday morning (just kidding).

I wish we could have spent more time together, getting to know you guys even better. We're looking forward seeing you again.

Iris and Jim

[/left]
The Lion is stirring...

I spoke to Wayne yesterday evening and he is now able to start walking (with a walker but all on his own), and eating in a chair not a bed. He and his father are now comparing length of back surgery scars - a good sign. I think...

So his goal beyond the immediate recovery is EOM 2009. Because of the surgery, he is not sure what the optimal riding position is going to be - so we may see him ride in on an FJR, a Harley, or Ducati 1098. (His words).

Yeah, the Extreme Marine is coming around.​

Harley Davidson, baaabbiiiee!

Can you imagine the humiliation you'll have when he passes you on the mighty HD, disappears into the next 4 corners while you're on your highly farkled FJR?

LOL

Get well mi amigo..

This is still Annette....

Wayne is doing well. Like Charlie I have had the new bike talk. He may indeed show up on something new at EOM. He knows the only rule is that I can comfortably ride on the back. I am so happy to hear him talk about something new. He is doing very well. He was very happy to tell me he was able to do stairs today. This is very good considering that in order to get anywhere in our lovely home you have to use stairs. It is a great accomplishment. :yahoo:

Fencer: Harleigh's birthday is October 27th and she will be 4. It is looking like he will be home for that if things keep going the way they are now.

If anyone calls the hospital he is in room 1116 (my old room). All your encouragement and well wishes are what have helped us both get through all of this. Coming here and reading all the posts each day is such a fun thing for me. It helps me to keep positive and I know that he will enjoy catching up when he gets home. You will all have to help him research the optimal riding position for him given his age, injuries, and such :tonguesmiley: I figure all the advice will be worth a few laughs. Maybe we can start off by suggesting a two seater lazy boy with an engine....

I have to be careful though, I have to live with him ;) Hope to have more updates soon. Until then, think of fun ways to make him laugh. Laughter cures all and he can always use a good giggle or two. I know one of the first things he will do when he gets home is log in here and catch up. Thanks again all.

This is still Annette....He may indeed show up on something new at EOM. He knows the only rule is that I can comfortably ride on the back. I am so happy to hear him talk about something new.

You will all have to help him research the optimal riding position for him given his age, injuries, and such :tonguesmiley: I figure all the advice will be worth a few laughs. Maybe we can start off by suggesting a two seater lazy boy with an engine....
Gee, I wish I could walk past an open door....but I just can't....

[SIZE=12pt]'Wing-a-bago![/SIZE]

Yeah, bay-bee! :yahoo:

Thanks for the updates Annette. I talked to Wayne this morning for about an hour and he sounded good. Now that he is up and moving you can tell that he is ready to GO HOME!!

Keep healing!!

JW