WFO8 Dates - Official - new Rally Master

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds close to Lewiston
Actually, it includes cities all up and down the state including Boise, McCall, Lewiston, Moscow, Riggins, Couer d' Alene, Sandpoint, Bonners Ferry, Kellogg, Orofino, and even Oxbow (although that's Oregon).

You like are twisting of things to build up anticipation? ;)

Well I was guessing Couer d' Alene and even checked to see how far it is from my house in Colorado, 1040 miles is all it is. Other than that I will just wait oh so patiently for the full anouncement.

I don't know about that, but I do feel confident it's between 116 and 117 west longitude.
A side note: Early frontiersmen/explorers (travelers on the Sante Fe Trail, for example) considered themselves to be in 'The West' (The Frontier) when they passed 100 degrees west longitude (Dodge City KS, for example).

Just thought you'd like to know.... :rolleyes: :)

Well I was guessing Couer d' Alene and even checked to see how far it is from my house in Colorado, 1040 miles is all it is. Other than that I will just wait oh so patiently for the full anouncement.
If you only knew where it will be held. Hint . . .

Drum roll . . . .

If you only knew where it will be held. Hint . . .

Drum roll . . . .
I'd bet South of the 4oth parallel.

If anyone needs help with routes.. I know a few really really nice ones up there.. not saying I am an expert.... but i DO know a couple roads that will make a grown man cry up there.. Whoeveris planning rides if you want my input... glad to help
I always thought H. Marc did a most excellent job of ID'ing rides in ID. No matter where the event is, these rides or parts of them would work well. If you want to cry, a couple of these will make that a reality.

https://www.fjr1300.info/events/rides/

Once again, I'm late to the party.

Thanks a bunch Hal!!! This is sure to be an awesome event. Count me in for this and the LD event. (Iggy & H. Marc at the helm of the LD ride? It's gonna be awesome!)

Last edited by a moderator:
:yahoo:

Yours Truly is the Rally Master for WFO8 - I've decided to step up and contribute to our 'family', and I realize I have some pretty big shoes to fill, now that TwoWheelNut is on deep recon.
So here's my first communication regarding our annual gathering. There will be many more to follow.

[SIZE=12pt]DATES: JULY 30 to AUGUST 2[/SIZE]

The web site for registration and payment of fees is scheduled to be turned up about Feb 7; just keep an eye on the forum for the posting.

This years WFO will be less expensive than most recent ones; effort was spent trying to find a location that could not only house a crowd, but would offer a killer deal on rooms without many of the pesky constraints that are normally part of an event contract. The WFO8 staffers would like to think we've been successful.

You're gonna like it. Word.

KaitsDad -
:yahoo: this will be first social event that i've attended in a long time ---------- really looking foward to this!