What bike complements an FJR the most?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sufficiently motivated by this thread to get off my butt and replace my RT, which I sold a few months ago.

So, here it is, the ultimate Naked Bike, Super Motard, Adventure Bike and Tourer all in one!

GSleftfront.jpg

I'm picking it up this afternoon! Hooah!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Looks purty there Steve!

But I thought the B2 bomber was your other ride. Now which is it???

Last edited by a moderator:
First I'd like to thank Robedge for starting this thread.

Here I was, Perfectly happy with one bike and he had to get me thinking.

Now I have a nice low mile '03 Buell XB9S. And I'm giddy as a school girl!!!!

This thing is a total Hoot to ride. After going on the Buell test rides last week and riding a few, I found this one locally on E-bay.

I'll try to get some pics posted soon.

Tim

I think a good D/P bike is a "best" complement to the FJR. While a true sport bike would be a lot of fun, I feel that a D/P works great as a kick-around bike or for adventure touring. I have a '75 XL250 that puts a lot of bugs in my teeth, and gets 50-mpg to boot! I wouldn't mind have a streetable Yamaha WR or perhaps a KTM or Honda. I'm not real keen on the Beemer. That cantilever fork just don't seem right, ya know! I wish they'd bring a Transalp to the states.

Cheers,

FastJR

I sold my KLR650 this spring, and bought a DL650 V-Strom. I rode the KLR to Deadhorse, Alaska, in 2002. The DL would have been more comfortable than the KLR for most of the trip. But there was no DL650 in 2002. For the DL I am planning a Newfoundland ride. The trip will probably be in a year or two. I also ride the local dirt roads on it. The KLR is a good choice in you are planning on some trail rides. I have a XR400R that has been tagged and insured that I use in the dirt now. If I only had two bikes, I think I would have kept the KLR. But I have four bikes and a 4-wheeler so I can specialize more.

Harvey