What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the title should read what didn't I do to my feejer today.

Why did I have this feeling that this was going to happen? Common sense no longer exists anymore. Who in their right mind would toss a steel rack on top of a plastic case and expect it to get to its destination unscathed. GEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ

UPS at their finest.

DSCN0679_zpsom34wn37.jpg

Already called the vendor and they are sending me a shipping label to return it. This shit shouldn't even happen. I will report on how this goes since I just got off the phone with the folks. I have to fill out a form and send pictures now.

Dave
Very surprised, Dave. I had always received excellent service from Revzilla in the past.

Then again, most of that was before their big merger with Cycle Gear. 'Nuff said.
I am happy to report the customer service is going along well and I am very pleased at this point.

Cudo's to RevZilla

Dave

Road it to work today, my first ride in like 9 weeks. Reason being, I was waiting for a new LAAM seat to be returned to me. Installed the LAAM, and loving it so far. Black carbon fiber vinyl, looks great.

Took my first long-ish ride of the season yesterday. Went on a photo tag ride over the Green Mountains to Rutland, VT to see some artwork

5a89e939a2698d7b81d78709613b6140.jpg

Then moved the tag to another piece of roadside artwork over in Alstead, NH. Some NERDS will recognize that from the Covered Bridges of NH ride route.

58eecf1fb11f8b2fb9531fa90a518440.jpg

Was a mostly nice day, though I had to ride through some cold misty rain up at the height of land near Killington. Bike was running great after the winter maintenance, but the rider's old body is a bit rusty. ;)

Ordered a topcase rack for the E55 I use when the wife is traveling with me. Should have done it a long time ago.

Fred,

Is that the 23" Cee Bailey windscreen? Still waiting to get mine. It was supposed to ship yesterday but have not heard anything yet.

Dave

Yep, that's the big boy. I really like it with my 10mm tuning spacers. You're a tad shorter than me so you'll be completely in a bubble. My head just barely hits the air stream at the very top. I might make some slightly thinner spacers and see if I can get it up over my head when fully up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked on getting the electrical accessories sorted. I'm adding a Centech AP-2, W&S dual heat-troller, power to the Givi box, battery tender/power lead, and aux lights. I got most of the wiring run last night, and still need to make sure it's all tucked away cleanly and drill a few holes in the plastic for the heat controls
ohno-smiley02.gif

I also still have Canyon Cages to install once all the tupperware is back in place.

Got a ride in this morning and plan to let the after work autopilot take over. Let's see what kind of damage I can do to the just topped off full tank of fuel.
tease.gif
tease.gif

I got my replacement top case pronto from RevZilla for which I am very pleased. The new cardboard box was banged up a little also but the contents were fine this time. So out to the garage to put it on and then drill the holes for the back pad and install it.

Mucho happy now.

Dave

Dave, let your passenger try the box before you put the pad on. It seems to be about 50/50 whether the passenger likes the pad or not.
Oooops, to late. The wife and sat on the bike and tried it. She seems to think it is a little to high and she sits more forward. As for me I didn't notice a difference with her sitting there from before. Granted this was a garage test so we still need to hit the road and try it.

Some time down the road I may try and finagle another lower back pad on the SR357 rack utilizing the two holes in the rack to solve that issue.

Dave

Definitely do road test. Your passenger's position slightly leaned forward may be better than she thinks just sitting in the driveway. It is kind of like the position the rider is most comfortable in, with some torso weight supported by one's leg muscles.

If it doesn't work out you may want to shift the entire trunk back a little bit. That is what ionbeam did for Helen with some custom made brackets. I'm sure you might know someone that could do something like that. ;)

If you do decide to move the trunk back, drop me a line. I have one of those flat Givi Vstrom-type trunk mounting plates that you might want to use.

Replaced the stock handle crown (triple tree top plate) that I yrs ago installed Genmar risers on with a Heli pullback-only plate, the non -02 model. Couldn't find an -02 to save my ass. Plans are already in the works for the needed modifications to add the Genmars back on. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. I've already got in hand the +3" brake hose.

Finished up all of my wiring, and started buttoning everything back together. Before putting the tank on, I decided to burp the coolant since I needed to drain it for the valve check. Turns out I pinched one of the o-rings on the manifold coming out of the top of the head. I'll need to wait for a replacement to come in before I can go anywhere
waaa.gif
grrr.gif