What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode the treadmill for the last 4 days if that counts.
winksmiley02.gif

LOL, Dave

Ignored it to go skiing, but put together the SR10 with Kenwood Radio cable. That about does it until Spring.

Put a vstream 20308 on it. Got my teeth rattled out of my head. Took the piece of shit back off. Not tall enough. Had try it, experiment concluded.

Went for a 75 mile ride in beautiful 70 degree weather. Now I'm sitting on my patio enjoying a Moscow Mule!

Ya' gotta love California (well, except for the politics, bad air, drought, fires, too many people, etc.).

biknflyfisher

Couldn't sleep so I went for my daily ride. No traffic at this time of day. Kind of peaceful. Day 322 complete, now back to bed.

Thankful that yesterday I got up and got my ride in early. Weather got crappy starting around 9:00 am Sunday and never really improved. Little bit of snow, say an inch or two, followed by sleet and freezing rain made Sunday night and Monday morning treacherous with some schools delayed 2 hours. Took my truck to work but after work the temps had gone up and the sun was out clearing my road and enabling me to continue my pursuit of the "perfect year". Day 323 safely completed.

I'm taking out the Autocom and going wireless. Lots of connectors, and stuff to retrieve from the old system.

BikerChuck...good luck, but Wednesday looks a bit threatening to your streak.

27540326_1808651452480518_2645586258909957010_n.jpg

Rode it to work this morning. Day 324 completed. Tomorrow could spell disaster. On the weather map you posted, where it shows 1-2" York, I live pretty much right at the upper right corner of the number 1. I'm in Fairview township, York county which puts me just south of the state capitol in Harrisburg by about 7-8 miles and north of York by about 11-12 miles. My saving grace so far is my proximity to a major interstate, I-83. The main road at the bottom of our development is a state road so it gets cleared and treated early and often as well. My biggest issue is just getting out of my development. I've got about 200 yards downhill to get to the main road. Unfortunately our development is fairly small so they don't make us a huge priority until other areas are cleared.

I'll be watching the forecast tonight and may just have to do a Paul Revere number again getting up at midnight to get in a quick 10-12 miles before the snow starts. Fingers crossed and thanking all of you for watching and cheering for me.

Nice Hud!

The weather is what makes this effort what it is. Right now they're showing a 100% chance of precipitation tomorrow with snow starting early in the morning then changing to rain by lunch time. Leaning towards a quick midnight ride then go back to bed. Thursday and through the weekend are decent with no precipitation of any kind in forecast until Sunday evening.Temps back in the 40's for the weekend. In a way this is it's own form of an Iron Butt ride. I think the Saddlesore rides I've done were actually easier than my effort at riding a measly 10 miles or more every single day without fail.

Trailered my new to me 06 home from WV. Ski’ed it up my driveway thru 4” of snow and settled it into its new home. Can’t wait to start in refreshing it. Need to go thru the maintenance schedule so I have a baseline. PO had MMS (5 bikes) so this one only has 16k on it in 12 years, been sitting a heck of a lot. Pretty much unmolested. Wish I had a heated garage.

1st real ride of the season, 60 miles in 45 degree weather with a pillion, got 'er up to 130 and nothing fell off after winter maintenance. :)

Ordered a Viberider for the Corbin saddle for the pillions, will be installing it this weekend. I'll keep you posted on how it works!

Back from a 14 mile midnight ride. 23 degrees out and nothing happening here yet. Businesses and schools already delayed or closing and not even a flake yet. Oh well, day 325 is done and my streak continues!

Rode it to work again. Day 327 consecutive riding days. My plan from earlier this week worked out. Forecast for Wednesday was 1-3 inches of white death followed by sleet and freezing rain starting around 4am. I was out at just after midnight and put in my miles then went back to bed. Wednesday morning got up to a sloppy, slushy mess. We only had about an inch of snow but then temps went up to right around the freezing mark with the predicted sleet and freezing rain. Roads were a mess with school and business closures and accidents everywhere. Thursday forecast was for above freezing temps and a little rain in the morning. Couldn't ride to work yesterday but forecast was accurate enough that by the time I got home rain was gone and roads reasonably and safely clear enough to ride.

Forecast through the weekend and into next week shows temps rising into the 40's possibly hitting 50 on Sunday. Inching my way closer to a "perfect year".

@BkerChuck: Have been watching your adventure with vicarious interest. To be honest, if I entered into that challenge, I'd have a 250cc dual sport in the garage as a "plan B" bike. Good luck!

I had hoped to have a cheap dual sport or possibly a Honda Grom by now. Life got in the way. Well, that and a serious lack of garage space.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts