What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the Clearwater yellow lenses out of the light guards and replaced with the clear ones. Looked like 1980. Made whole earth yellow. I like for night-time drivers to at least feel like their lights are contributing to freeway illumination. Me making everything look like a California sunset wasn't working. And that's with lights on low.

Washed the bike. It was just grimy. Barely warm enough for water to be liquid. Tonight, "up to" an inch of snow is forecast for late evening, then it'll stay sub freezing for a few days. I still plan to ride in the morning. I don't see much street accumulation happening.

So while they worked yesterday, I rode here in the Pacific Northwet. What an awesome day. The mountains were majestic but by the end of the day, mother nature was blowing another storm in.

Inquiring minds want to know (me). Where did you ride? I'm a little homesick these past few weeks. So points of interest would do me well. Thanks in advance.

Waiting out the weather worked out for me. Snowed last night and woke to about 3 inches but light and powdery so I knew it would clear quickly. Got home from work and roads were clear enough to safely ride. Only bad spot was my own driveway. Stepson and his friend took scraper to the slick spots for me. Day 304 completed safely!

AJ, could have used those ski poles getting it back UP the driveway! Ass end slid around a little but no big deal.

Let it sit while I took the truck for the second day in a row. Was snow a year ago last time that happened. It’s a little dicey, but I’m riding in im the morning. Should be able to dodge icy patches fairly well until I get to downtown Zombieland. Then it’ll be a chess match. No direct sun there. No rhyme or reason in where salt is applied and where it’s not.

Drove my truck this morning knowing there could be some black ice in a few spots on the road my shop sits on. After work temps were near 40 and roads pretty clear. Got home then took bike to credit union to deposit some cash. Day 305 safely in the books. Weekend forecast is near 50 so I hope to get a few real miles.

Went out to get the tag for the forum tag game and move it along Did about 75 miles, not earth shattering but for PA in January not awful. Day 307 consecutive and the streak continues.
Groundhog day is coming. Will you be in Punxsutawney?

Installed a set of R-Gaza saddlebag guards. Only took an hour.
coolsmiley02.gif

Changed the fluids. Lubed levers, peg pivots, brake, shifter, and did a make-do job of introducing a little lube to the centerstand and suspension. Washed it. Waxed it. Took advantage of the only warm day between now and spring. Almost 70

today. Back to below freezing low temps tomorrow. Ordered another set of tech spec tank pads. I had removed the side pads because I didnt like the feel and they made it feel as if I couldnt move on the bike. But Im sanding the paint off the sides of the tank with my riding pants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode it to work for the last time in a long time. Surgery on my left ankle is scheduled for tomorrow morning and I'll be off my feet for a week and then hobbling around in a boot with crutches for weeks after. Not sure when the ankle will work good enough to shift without causing damage to itself.

I'm eyeing the wife's Honda NC700XD in the garage because it's a DCT auto shift model that doesn't require my left foot to do anything by go along for the ride. ;) If I wrap the boot in a garbage bag, I can even ride during the winter like I normally do every day. :)

Warm weather meant a ride. Nothing special, but enough to get back into riding and to fill up the tank. I didn't winterize the bike, so changed the oil that was overdue, and parked it for the next cold-shot.

Change Lucille's oil & filter.

Since its "winter" and this is NEPRT:

Rotella T4 15W 40 (Dino) and Mobil 1 M1MC-134

Ordered another set of tech spec tank pads. I had removed the side pads because I didnt like the feel and they made it feel as if I couldnt move on the bike.
I used a vinyl rap to protect the sides of the tank rather than rubber pads. Much cheaper also. Carbon weave blends well with the grey. Comes in Red also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7D-Premium-Super-Gloss-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-Film-Wrap-Bubble-Free-Air-Release-6D/272819821322?hash=item3f85541b0a:m:mIlYFwqVuPXfkizZNtQ6XGw&vxp=mtr

Dave

Warm weather meant a ride. Nothing special, but enough to get back into riding and to fill up the tank. I didn't winterize the bike, so changed the oil that was overdue, and parked it for the next cold-shot.
Come on over to the bike show, at the IX Center on Friday...I'll be riding there. The show opens at 3:00

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.23384320000008&lon=-81.82462620000001#.WmcoP66nGUl
Whoa! Sunny and 47. I might have to open the pool.

My FJR is wating for parts on order, a new cam chain tensioner and other parts, related to a valve adjustment so in short is in the garage in bits.

I appreciate all the comments and the cheering section here that is supporting my effort! Hard for me to fathom that some of you don't ride because it gets too hot! LOL. One of my IBA saddlesore rides was done on the hottest weekend of the year back in 2016 and the heat index was around 110 degrees.
I applaud your commitment. I'm aiming to ride weekly through Seattle's moderate winter. Was almost 60 degrees yesterday. Got in some great miles over the past two days.
I worked Sunday and some of my riding friends sent me pictures of where they were riding. Ba****ds!

So while they worked yesterday, I rode here in the Pacific Northwet. What an awesome day. The mountains were majestic but by the end of the day, mother nature was blowing another storm in.
Been getting out myself now and again, made it up to the iron skillet the other day, eaten at willow and jims a couple times, the flats across by Marysville sure give a scenic snowcapped mountain view at times. Nothing worth a ride report of any sort. Rode thru a brown fog the other day, weird. Glad we reside in the Northwet compared to other areas of the country.