What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my wife on a ride around the Hood Canal. I've been trying to get her to go on that ride for 3 or 4 years. The FJR is not comfortable for her. She gritted her teeth and went today. It was a gorgeous, clear day with spectacular scenery. So, I rode slower than usual. So, I stopped more often. She had a fantastic time and it meant a lot to me.

Rode to and from work. On the way home got to use my es suspension as a friend needed a ride home. Rode fine with me 225 and my friend around 190lbs. Did notice it felt like riding a board on the way home with the 2 up and luggage setting so i stopped and changed it back to one up and is was much more comfy. Cant say i really change the settings much but it is nice to have available.

Day 2 of riding to work. 26 degrees both days.
cold.gif
cold.gif
cold.gif

Rode to work this morning. Low of 23 degrees crossing a low lying creek near my job. Should be mid 40's on the way home later.

Installed Ray's ABS test pigtail and flushed brake and clutch lines. I'm liking that way of ABS activation a lot better than the sand method. A bit surprised too how dark my clutch fluid was.

Oh, and while I was in there installed my freshly flashed ECU. Haven't gotten a test ride in yet but looking forward to that ghostly Ivan mode.
smile.png

Like yesterday, and tomorow, I rode it to go to work.

Around 0°c this morning and 18 this evening...

Saturday: Been sunny and breezy here so I'm thinking maybe the swamp yard has dried out some..... to get the bike out I have to get through it to my driveway. The hip feels good and I'm feeling froggy and I'm not drunk yet
icon_wink.gif
so I figure WTH, I'll give it a go. No problem, a little squirrelly is a couple spots but the bike is out of hibernation! Think I'll give it a go Sunday, short rides around the neighborhood to check on comfort, hip flex etc. Wish me luck!

Dug into the spring maintenance. Rear shock is done, leaking fluid
upset.gif
. Relay arm bearings are all lose
upset.gif
. Guess it's a trip to the parts store, more than just a lube job this year... Hopefully have it back together before the good weather gets here. Snowed all darn weekend
cold.gif