What do I do when it gets all wet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really happy about having a pair of Toggs. Believe me, I wanted badly to like these things. I felt that I had what was considered "the sh!t" rainwear. That ended really quick! Never again will I waste my money on those. They obviously work for some. Is it worth the gamble to find out? Also, I have a 31" inseam & a men's size large would not cover the length of my pants.
Something else to keep in mind. They aren't seam sealed... well, at least the pair that I had wasn't seam sealed. Maybe they've changed that?

Oh, I forgot to mention. There are openings in the pants for you to slip thru to use your inner pockets. Within 3 hours one of the openings was ripped out. Was I in a hurry to get in my pocket? Uh, no. Chincy & flimsy??? Yeah, I'd definitely call them that.

Edited to add... I still have the jacket tucked away somewhere. I'm sure that the pants where thrown in file 13. The jacket is size large & the color is light gray. If you want it you are welcome to have it. You pay the shipping. Please PM me if you'd like to have it.
Doesn't it seem like you and I have this 'agree to disagree' every year? :argue:

You hate 'em

I love 'em

Yours didn't last 1 trip

I've had mine for almost 5 years and thousands of miles and they have always performed flawlessly.

I'm gonna have to check my jacket size. I think I'm XL. If not, I'll be getting a SASE out to you.

regarding the amount of valuable storage space the Frogg Toggs take up, I can jam the pants and jacket as well as a pair of gaitors for my boots into a 1 gal ziplock bag.

I carry some Nelsen-Rigg raingear that I will wear if its really coming down but normally just wear my Fieldsheer riding gear which is "waterproof". The only riding gear that I ever had that was pretty much bulletproof in torrential rain was Aerostich but I didn't really care for the bulkiness of it so I got rid of it.
This is exactly what I have and swear by it. I have also added HD rain over boots and Aerostich Triple Digit Rain Cover

442_c2h.jpg

Nelsen0Rigg in yellow is the best color to have in the rain. It is the ONLY color visible in the rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't it seem like you and I have this 'agree to disagree' every year? :argue: You hate 'em

I love 'em

Yours didn't last 1 trip

I've had mine for almost 5 years and thousands of miles and they have always performed flawlessly.

I'm gonna have to check my jacket size. I think I'm XL. If not, I'll be getting a SASE out to you.

regarding the amount of valuable storage space the Frogg Toggs take up, I can jam the pants and jacket as well as a pair of gaitors for my boots into a 1 gal ziplock bag.
Surely Randy... agreed to disagree. To each his own, I say. Personally, I cannot see how these things could possibly last 5 years. Mine fuzzed up that one weekend... well, that is besides the other problems that I had. There wasn't just one.

Are you sure that during those 5 years & thousands of miles that rain suit wan't stuffed in your saddlebag? ;) JK, I know that you're not a fair weather rider.

You are welcome to this jacket if you'd like to have it. PM me your address & I'll gladly send it to you.

And a quick comment about the Aerostich Triple Digit Raingloves... THEY ROCK! I've had a pair for over a year. Actually, on that WV ride that rained kitties and puppies I was wearing them. Guess what wasn't wet?

Last edited by a moderator: