What does this look like?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've bought tires from them before and no problemo whatsoever. HOWEVER, I simply called the place to ask a question and took a boat load of shit from the guy who answered the phone. I wasn't confrontational, I simply stated I had a question on an order for some wheel weights I had just received, as from how I had interpreted the listing on his site I was expecting packages of 10. He immediately went on the offensive as to how I should be smart enough to know you can't buy a package for that price. Really? I guess they is the definition the old addage of not believing everything you read. Once I mentioned it was for an FJR I got to hear what a bunch of snivelers we were and how the board had it all blown outta proportion. Maybe this guy was just having a bad day, I dunno, but if one of my guys was that rude to a customer of mine for a problem that was on my end they would be calling the guy back with an apology stat. Being defensive and insulting when the issue is on my end isn't the way I do business and isn't the way I expect to be treated as a customer. I'm not the type to play games with the credit card payment or even send the stuff back for that matter, but the "attitude" I got left me thinking that I sure wouldn't want to be trying to deal with an issue on an order of some real value with them. YMMV but for me, if they have a hot enough price for something expensive enough to make it worth the potential hassle if anything goes wrong or it's something as straight forward as a tire, I might buy from them again, but I'll look everywhere else first.

I've bought tires from them before and no problemo whatsoever. HOWEVER, I simply called the place to ask a question and took a boat load of shit from the guy who answered the phone. I wasn't confrontational, I simply stated I had a question on an order for some wheel weights I had just received, as from how I had interpreted the listing on his site I was expecting packages of 10. He immediately went on the offensive as to how I should be smart enough to know you can't buy a package for that price. Really? I guess they is the definition the old addage of not believing everything you read. Once I mentioned it was for an FJR I got to hear what a bunch of snivelers we were and how the board had it all blown outta proportion. Maybe this guy was just having a bad day, I dunno, but if one of my guys was that rude to a customer of mine for a problem that was on my end they would be calling the guy back with an apology stat. Being defensive and insulting when the issue is on my end isn't the way I do business and isn't the way I expect to be treated as a customer. I'm not the type to play games with the credit card payment or even send the stuff back for that matter, but the "attitude" I got left me thinking that I sure wouldn't want to be trying to deal with an issue on an order of some real value with them. YMMV but for me, if they have a hot enough price for something expensive enough to make it worth the potential hassle if anything goes wrong or it's something as straight forward as a tire, I might buy from them again, but I'll look everywhere else first.
The above service is the OPPOSITE of the service and friendliness you got from Gary McCoy. :clapping:

FWIW, I bought these same weights locally for 1.99 each, so including LA County ransom, I got 5 for 11.00.

Where did you by them? (Auto Zone)
I got them from a local bike shop in Van Nuys (Cycle Trends) that sells parts and apparel. They aren't really a discount shop on anything compared to what you can find on the internet. I always considered them to be more of an 'I need it now and can't wait for shipping' kind of store, but they are local and offer good service. Exact same K&L weights.

I bet if you contacted the Kentucky Attorney General regarding consumer fraud found here: KY Atty General

AND you contacted the KY Better Business Bureau found here: KY BBB Louisville

AND you linked Derby Cycle's add along with your invoice and thier ridiculos response, I bet Derby's bullshit attitude would change pretty quickly.

As for the head's up; thanks! I hope they are reading this because I will never buy anything from people who choose to do business like that. Their listing clearly states,

Sold in packs of 10
, and the order forms say that for the listed price, there is a quantity of 10 weights:
Part#: 32-3997FITS: Yamaha mag., WEIGHT: 10G, QTY: 10 - Wheel Weights List Price: $3.95

Our Price: $3.56

You Save: $.39
Looks to me like that guy and his employees are stupider than they think they are.

If you can learn enough to avoid a supplier/dealer for less than $10, consider yourself lucky. I have had to spend hundreds to learn the same simple lesson. If Derby is to remain in business they need to learn this: The customer may not always be right but they are NEVER WRONG because even the old FJR riders have at least one friend, maybe more. Have a good weekend and stay in the shade. :yahoo:

Okie