What's the 'Harley' appeal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until I bought the FJR 2yr's. ago I too thought I wanted a HD cruiser. Mostly because of my friends influence,they all ride harleys. But the other resone was this, I had become a family man. I knew that if I had another sport bike I would probaly ride agressively like I did when I was young and dumb. I also knew that with getting a little older I wanted some thing big and comfee. Goldwings just didn't do it for me,to me they represented the old guy crowd and I'm not ready for that. ( I know I'll get grief for that statement) HD's represented the rebel in me and that made them the natural choice. Beside,they are beutiful bikes. Ahhhhhhh but then I found the FJR. :yahoo: The perfect choice for me. It's big,beutiful,fast,comfee,and real cool. Even my hard core HD friends think it is an awsome bike. It's funny though,none of them want to take it for a test ride :huh:

Ahhhhhhh but then I found the FJR. :yahoo: The perfect choice for me. It's big,beutiful,fast,comfee,and real cool.
2247302-plus1.gif

Even my hard core HD friends think it is an awsome bike. It's funny though,none of them want to take it for a test ride :huh:
They're afraid of being assimilated....

I love the looks of the new red Road King. If I had the money I'd buy one. The times when my FJR relays every road bump up to me I wonder how much nicer it would be to have a Road King or Gold Wing. But dang, those bikes are $22k....sheesh.

For daily commuting and day-trips on the weekends I love my fjr. It's fast, agile, and responds like a sports car. It never ceases that someone is always asking me about my bike. The black cherry in the sunlight gets everyone looking. Today I was at a buddy's house and he had several families over with kids ages 7 and under. All of the kids wanted to sit on my bike, wear my helmet and gloves, and get their picture taken. I just stood and laughed... it's not a hd yet everyone wants to touch it and sit on it.

I'd like to ride a hd and get a true feel on the handling. Perhaps they are easy to maneuver.

I've travelled a lot in my life to many states and countries....I've been in every time zone in the world. So if I do long-distance travelling on the road I'll probably forego getting a wing or hd and just ride the cage. Last May I drove from Huntsville, AL all the way to Spokane, WA....12 states and 7,000 miles in 3 weeks just to see the country and figure out where to move to. I did it in my nissan maxima with the a/c going, food and drink easy available, and able to stretch out while moving.

22grand? I wonder what some of these klowns on the forum have spent on their skoots...........

The times when my FJR relays every road bump up to me I wonder how much nicer it would be to have a Road King or Gold Wing. But dang, those bikes are $22k....sheesh.
Put on some new suspension and your life can be complete for far less than $22K. Made the trip to Portland a couple of weeks ago and I now have an INCREDIBLY plush ride on a bike that absolutely rails the twisties thanks to GP Suspension. Don't know how they manage to both improve road feel AND smooth out the bumps, but I am blown away by the improvement (and I was very happy with how the bike cornered and reasonably happy with the ride before the new suspenders).