What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seattle - high of 64 degrees today
smile.png

Hey Scott

I assume you are trailering the new bike?

You are going to hit snow and wind in New Brunswick on Tuesday. Similar weather is forecast at least as far south as Boston. Not going to be a fun drive! If you could leave early Monday, you might be able to get past the worst of it. Take it easy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, trailering it this time.Might be able to leave late on Monday.

Canadian FJR
new-england-snow-march-11-pm.jpg

Hits Boston Monday midnight.

Fredericton, Tuesday early AM.

Moncton, Tuesday late AM.

If you can believe it, Accuweather is back to the 40-60cm forecast range plus wind for Southern New Brunswick. No matter what, you can't miss it completely (if the forecast is right or unless you leave in the next 12 hours or so). Temperatures aren't supposed to be too cold so it might not accumulate on the highways very much.

On the other hand, maybe it will go offshore and not be a problem???

Be careful!

Spring like weather here. Trees in bloom and temp 70F today. Keeping the bike covered in the garage ready to do a big spring ride out to northern NM and southern CO in mid May.

Had a little thunder shower mid-day here in Daytona today, weather looks clear and cool for the next week. A few Showers Sunday and Monday next week.

Left Nova Scotia 6:00 Monday evening. Started to get dirty around 3:00am somewhere in Pennsylvania.

Grabbed a couple of hours sleep in a parking lot, then experienced snow and wind until somewhere in Maryland. The 32 hour drive took closer to 39 hours this time.

Life is now good once again.

Canadian FJR

It was 60F when we got home from Sioux Falls yesterday, the lawn showed signs of green, I was able to complete a thorough DSP {Dog Shit Patrol}.
About 2100 the wind really blew, the Temp dropped, the rain began, I went to sleep to the gentle patter of the rain on the roof.
0530 I let the dogs out, it was 12F, the snow was blowing across the drive.
Now 1000, the snow has quit for the moment, it is still 12F and spring is no longer in sight.
We leave for Florida and a 30 day Cruise on Monday!
Hopefully, spring will have sprung by the time we return from the cruise and a week in Rome.

Ready to ride some more. JSNS

Just about 50 here today but temps dropping and snow for Monday and Tuesday. Took advantage to give it a good shakedown run before a planned trip in a week and a half. Also got it a brandy new yellow state inspection sticker.

Hopefully, spring will have sprung by the time we return from the cruise and a week in Rome.

Ready to ride some more. JSNS
So then as the saying goes: When in Rome --- go scootering!
bike.gif