What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're expecting another blizzard. That last one was crazy. It left 0" of snow at my house. Hahahahaha...My mom's place got maybe 18". That's not much of a blizzard...We'll see what happens.

1 degree F this morning, however.... supposed to be 45 on Thursday and 46 on Friday. The forecast is for temperatures in the mid to high 30's for the following week. I love living in the tropics.

It's cold. -2 right now. Wind gusts at 25mph... so wind chill is brutal. But not complaining... my BIL in Minnesota has -25 F. Don't want to know the windchill there.

Sunny this afternoon, High today 9. Most schools closed today.

Mid 60's expected this weekend. Weather sure be crazy

Last edited by a moderator:
Minus 29 F this morning (still is) when I walked in to work at 4:30 AM. Wind chill of minus 56 F. It's only about a mile and a half, so only 15 or 20 minutes. I actually overdressed a little, and had a sweaty noggin and neck when I got here. Worked up too much heat when I had to walk through about 200 yards of snow, with a crusty top. Thank goodness it was only halfway up my shin. I'm sure we'll hear many reports today of conditions worse than what we have here from our northern friends.

This is one of the few times that the news media is not exaggerating or overstating the danger out there. Be careful, kids.

OK, North Florida got down to 30. Probably didn't need to, just for 2 degrees, but I unhooked the water supply to the camping trailer I'm living in and let the hose drain.

There. Ready for the deep freeze!

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.23384320000008&lon=-81.82462620000001&fbclid=IwAR35qWWqxAwvJSQwbplnLpeUsoHsEKzge-dFVrRlZqmnUgX_Mcp3jXapUUw#.XFHZVFVKiUm

51286753_1771479092958487_2567235526302105600_n.jpg

This morning, at 6:30 central time, at the official weather station a half mile from my house, it's -36 F, with no wind chill. It was worse yesterday, even though it was warmer, but we had a sturdy wind. It's funny....at these temperatures, the snow is loud. When you walk on it, it sounds like you're marching in a cardboard box with a couple of inches of peanut brittle on the bottom. And get this, in three days, it's supposed to be in the 40s, with rain possible. That's going to be a 75 to 80 degree swing. My sac is going to be like a yoyo. Mother Nature must have PMS, and she's going to make sure we're all miserable.

Upper twenties when Mrs1911 and her pampered pooch went out to feed this yesterday morning. I joined them a little later.

11:43 am. Sitting in a chair in the front yard watching the ponies look for green stuff. The neighbors noisy-ass heat pump is off. There is a gap in air traffic and road traffic. I can’t hear a single man made sound. I occurred to me that I might be getting short on hearing but I’m 20 feet from a bird feeder. I can hear the hulls from the seeds hitting the leaves on the ground as the cardinals chow down. Nice moment
biggrin.png

46940423601_7e91d20348_b.jpg

^ I guess it's all relative but looking at that gorgeous picture, from my perspective, it's hard to imagine man-made noises spoiling it. Compared to what I hear on a regular basis that seems extremely tranquil.

Yet as I think about it, yeah, I could see me getting irritated by noise intrusion there also.
hmmsmiley02.gif

+1 on the noise! Finally had the left hip replaced, about 10 days ago, so mobility has been limited but going outside for a few with the dogs and hearing nothing but birds was an unexpected treat. Rowdy blue jays and pissed off crows make for quite a symphony. I got chilled and came back in but my first foray back into the world of the living was a success!

Ok but only because you asked. We have warmed up to -29C or -20F, take you pick. This is without the wind chill. Bustanut joker I put on my insulated pants, hoody, and parka, not to mention two pairs of mitts. After returning from shoveling snow I removed some clothing and discovered 3 lumps on my chest. Go figure.