What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RAIN....mega rain. 4 inches forecasted today. My new rain gear came in one day from revzilla so I guess today would be the day to test it out
uhoh.gif

RAIN....mega rain. 4 inches forecasted today. My new rain gear came in one day from revzilla so I guess today would be the day to test it out :uhoh:
Yeah, and it's been washing all the snow off the mountains below 8,000'. We started out with what looked like a very promising ski season an hour up the hill, but we may have bare dirt and rocks to the top of most resorts before we get a cold enough spell to rebuild the base we've lost. OTOH, it's always amusing to know that at least my crazy neighbor thinks it is a motorcycle riding day while I watch it pouring out my window. :rolleyes:

Are you riding in this shit Doug?!? :rolleyes:

1:45 pm right now and about 2 miles north of the bugnatr, we have a frogstrangler falling from the sky. Glad I'm up a hill and not by a watercourse. Only Doug would think this is riding weather! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
My name isn't Doug, but I do ride in the worst weather possible except snow on the ground. And coincidentally, there was that crap all over my driveway and VERY steep private road that doesn't get plowed this morning. So for the first time in a few years I had to take the gas guzzling, no car pool lane traveling, park a long way from work, humongous 4x4 crew cab dually pickup to work. But first I had to pour hot water on the door seal so I could get into it because it's also below freezing. :(

Now I have some sympathy for all you great white north FJR riders that have to park their bikes for half the year. We normally just have to deal with cold rain all winter, but at least we get to still ride. :)

Just got off the tractor from two days of marathon snow removal. Mother Nature is an evil bitch.

Actually got to 24F today and it didn't even snow here,

Tomorrow does not look good and Saturday is just going to plain suck

Code:
Winter Storm Warning issued December 15 at 1:26PM MST until December 17 at 11:00AM MST by NWS...SNOW AND VERY COLD TEMPERATURES FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY MORNING... .WIDESPREAD SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ACROSS THE AREA LATE TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY NIGHT. THE SNOW WILL BE FOLLOWED BY BITTERLY COLD TEMPERATURES AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS. A WIDESPREAD AREA OF 4 TO 7 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED OVER MUCH OF THE WESTERN SD PLAINS. THE BLACK HILLS COULD SEE 6 TO 9 INCHESWinter Storm Warning****************...SNOW AND VERY COLD TEMPERATURES FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY MORNING....WIDESPREAD SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ACROSS THE AREA LATETONIGHT INTO FRIDAY NIGHT. THE SNOW WILL BE FOLLOWED BY BITTERLYCOLD TEMPERATURES AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS.A WIDESPREAD AREA OF 4 TO 7 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED OVER MUCHOF THE WESTERN SD PLAINS. THE BLACK HILLS COULD SEE 6 TO 9 INCHESOF SNOW. AREAS ACROSS NORTHEASTERN WYOMING AND JUST SOUTHEAST OFTHE BLACK HILLS MAY SEE SLIGHTLY LESSER AMOUNTS. NORTH WINDS OF15 TO 25 MPH WILL SUPPORT SOME LIGHT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOWFRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. TEMPERATURES WILL DROP BELOW ZEROFRIDAY NIGHT...WITH EXTREMELY DANGEROUS WIND CHILL VALUES OF 25TO 40 BELOW ZERO LATE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING. HIGHTEMPERATURES SATURDAY WILL REMAIN BELOW ZERO FOR MUCH OF THE AREA.THE COMBINATION OF SNOW...WINDS...AND EXTREMELY COLD WIND CHILLSWILL RESULT IN DANGEROUS CONDITIONS FOR PERSONS TRAVELING ORINVOLVED IN OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES....WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM FRIDAY TO11 AM MST SATURDAY..

Are you riding in this shit Doug?!?
rolleyes.gif

1:45 pm right now and about 2 miles north of the bugnatr, we have a frogstrangler falling from the sky. Glad I'm up a hill and not by a watercourse. Only Doug would think this is riding weather!
rolleyes.gif
Hell yes!! I rode buddy. Left around 1 and home by 3:45 bit moist out there
weirdsmiley.gif

Almost 100 miles, South Fork of the Yuba River, down to Bridgeport. McCourtney to Lime Kiln to 174 to Colfax and down Iowa Hill Rd to the North Fork of the American River and back home. Thought my new Nelson Rigg suit kept me dry as I had a good ride. Turns out it once I pealed it off it failed in too many places to keep, I'll swap it out for another brand.

Damnit, I looked good in the Hi Vis orange too.

Are you riding in this shit Doug?!? :rolleyes:
Hell yes!! I rode . . . .

Almost 100 miles, . . . .

Damnit, I looked good in the Hi Vis orange too.
:rolleyes: You have a few screws loose . . . on a naked bike and with no compelling reason to commute in this monsoon! :rolleyes:

Frikkin blizzard!! Well, maybe not by out west or up yonder in Yankee land standards but pretty extreme for us here. The view out the window (since I've yet to venture out) looks like 6 or 8" of goofy, cold white stuff. Started about 3pm yesterday with sleet, then "wintery mix', then all snow at about 8pm. Still snowing now......

Here we go with the "atmospheric river" shit again! :rolleyes:

We've gotten some feet of snow in the past week up above, with snow levels even getting down to 2,000 feet in elevation. But starting today, through Monday, we have stupid amounts of RAIN predicted in the mountains (predicted snow levels as high as 8000 feet) -- like 7" to 14" of RAIN in just a couple days - on top of the snow. After that, snow levels to drop but rain continues in the foothills and below.

Absotute prescription for significant flooding. (And for a bored bugnatr to go out riding. Please stay out of flooded watercourses, sir.) :rolleyes:

Here we go with the "atmospheric river" shit again!
rolleyes.gif

We've gotten some feet of snow in the past week up above, with snow levels even getting down to 2,000 feet in elevation. But starting today, through Monday, we have stupid amounts of RAIN predicted in the mountains (predicted snow levels as high as 8000 feet) -- like 7" to 14" of RAIN in just a couple days - on top of the snow. After that, snow levels to drop but rain continues in the foothills and below.

Absotute prescription for significant flooding. (And for a bored bugnatr to go out riding. Please stay out of flooded watercourses, sir.)
rolleyes.gif
In the old days of 1997 they called it the Pineapple Express. Weathermen just sit around in the sunny weather thinking up new terms. Rich, my new rain gear is the bees knees. Ready to ride? Let's go!

It was 20 degrees here this morning, and it snowed yesterday, so, the driveway was icy, and there was frost all over everything. 20 isn't really that cold, but the coldest it's been so far this year.

Central Oregon is a bitch the last month. Snowing again today. I think we've had snowy days about 17 of the last 20 days. But down by LaPine seems to be the worst hit. Tomorrow we're forecast to start getting rain/sleet, falling on the cold-soaked ground. Overnight lows continue below freezing for the next 2 weeks. Bike on extended vacation.