Wheat Belly, or,.. How to get a few decades younger

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it anything like BEER belly. They use grain to make beer.
smile.png

[img=[URL="https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/151777-wheat-belly-or-how-to-get-a-few-decades-younger/"]https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/151777-wheat-belly-or-how-to-get-a-few-decades-younger/[/URL] ]

I'm hoping this little Italian beauty will make me feel a couple of decades younger.

But I’m sure I’ll just look like an old fool on it. Come on spring I want to try this little beauty out!

Seems a noob missed FJR content in his post. It will be interesting to see if more posts trend toward selling. And, I do hope his ABS gets resolved in another thread.

Is it anything like BEER belly. They use grain to make beer.
smile.png
You got it!! What used to be called beer belly is now understood to be wheat belly,... or rather, a protuding belly because of the fat stuffed in the body from eating grains, especially wheat.

Seems a noob missed FJR content in his post. It will be interesting to see if more posts trend toward selling. And, I do hope his ABS gets resolved in another thread.
Not selling a thing. Well, maybe trying to sell an idea that is getting more and more attention these days,... wheat is very unhealthy. In 2011 I was 64 going on 84, figuring I was feely old and weak and uncomfortable just because it was old age. Now I'm 66 going on 36. The diff is remarkable, and all you have to do is not eat any wheat or other grains.

I don't understand why there was a warning. I thought this section was titled "completely off topic" and the other threads here don't seem to have anything to do with FJRs either.

In bold letters in the forum rules; " Anything that could be construed as marketing, advertising, or sales related activities without Administrator approval will not be tolerated."

Your post title and original post looks remarkably like the beginning of an info-mercial. Maybe you’re just a nice guy honestly trying to bring up a life changing diet and share your success with others. But from others point of view It sure looks like your about to throw down a snake oil sales pitch on some type of book or diet supplement.

I'm guessing you may have Googled Wheat Belly once. Sure looks like some one is trying to sell something everywhere you look.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Religion" takes many forms. Just trying to be judicious and head off anything before there are hard feelings. A "warn" ain't a big deal. It's nothing more than it says it is (and is temporary). As long as you don't start speaking in wheat tongues or barking out a sales pitch, you should be fine.

We had friends from out of state visit a while back and they have been following this diet successfully, so I'm giving it a go. Lost some weight, which should help with riding the old FJR.

I will admit using the no wheat, no grain, no sugars system of Wheat Belly made such a huge difference in my life that sometimes I do get a bit passionate about it, but I can assure anyone here my only motive is to let you know about it. It won't affect my life one way or the other if you study it and get all the benefits I got out of it, or ignore it and stay less healthy.

It is pretty simple, actually. Just stop eating anything that contains wheat, grains, sugars, gluten-free crap, or excessive carbs, and the differences in your life after a couple months will make you mad that you spent you whole life up to that point eating such harmful stuff.

I meant what I said about feeling a LOT younger. One of the beauties of it has to do with FJRs, as well. Long rides are waaaaayyyy more comfortable now. I used to get all achy and stiff after an hour or so. My last ride to Daytona (8-10 hours) before I knew about this was torture. Now,.. I could do this non-stop if the gas tank were large enough.

We had friends from out of state visit a while back and they have been following this diet successfully, so I'm giving it a go. Lost some weight, which should help with riding the old FJR.
The cardiologist who started this Wheat Belly thing (Dr William Davis) mentions often that it is NOT just a diet. Yes, it involves a way of eating, but the whole thing is much more akin to a smoker that stops smoking, or a druggie that stops heroine, or a drunkard that gets long-term sober. Wheat (and other grains) are so harmful and addictive, and our society is so wrapped around wheat, it is hard to do, but the changes that take place are really impressive when a wheater gets wheat-free for a couple of months. Weight loss is only a small part of the list of improvements that take place. Weight loss can be pretty impressive though for heavy people.

Why is it that everything we enjoy is bad for for us?

My short list of things that are "bad" for us.

sugar, milk, eggs, beer, hard liquor, bread, ice cream, candy, anything fried, soft drinks, red meat, bacon, butter, pasta, and some go as far as to say "anything with a face on it".

It seems like we live in a contrary world. If we plant a garden, lawn, or flower bed we get weeds. We didn't plant weeds but they are there.

Let's face it, there are food and drink products available to us that may not be best for our health or waist lines.

With all that said, Mom had it right, "everything in moderation".

As for me, the only thing I hate doing is doing without.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.