wheatonFJR goes down!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrrider

aka "sprocket"
Reaction score
wheatonFJR had a little get off, he's mostly fine, anybody else would have required a helicopter, he would have none of that. He rode in the babe spot with me, 60 miles back to the hotel and never fell off or anything. I didnt see any of the action, but when wheaty gets home he can give a better play by play.

I took a few pictures, but the best news hes fine and lived to ride again!

wheatonFJR looks no worse for the wear, but his left shoulder is hurting a little here!

mt%20view%2008%20001.jpg

You gotta give him credit, he picked a nice cushy area to land here!

mt%20view%2008%20002.jpg

Jim (leakmiester) trying to repair the right foot peg, thought we might ride it back

to the hotel, there were worse problems.

mt%20view%2008%20003.jpg

I offered wheaty 50 bucks for the seat, he thought it was worth more!

mt%20view%2008%20004.jpg

hwy 27 west of Marshall, AR. coming to us, he lost it here.

mt%20view%2008%20005.jpg

Wheaty may have to replace the frame slider, it looks a little buggered up to me!

mt%20view%2008%20006.jpg

wheatonFJR apparently takes this corner a little fast and loses the front tire, dont know how fast he was going, but this was a 20MPH posted curve.

mt%20view%2008%20007.jpg

Wheaty, bummer! Very sad to hear about the get off and really hoping you bounce back quickly.

I'm in a football pool with some folks from Wheaton and their weekends sucked too. Maybe it's something in the water up there.

Get well soon, man.

Oh crap, Mark, that looks like it sucks, I was thinking about you guys while I was out yesterday.

Glad your OK

Chris

Day-um Wheatie, what a bummer. I hope your shoulder's gonna be OK.

Keep us in the loop buddy.

Stef

Good to hear you're OK! :clapping:

Fix that thing, not enough bikes of the right color running around.

Was the mishap non-ABS-related?

oh good, much better than what i expected. after the other 2 FJR wrecks in AR this spring, his bike looks pretty dang good! hope your shoulder heals quickly wheaton!

Hey Wheatie Gravel Sucks! Don't know if that's what caused it, just saying. Hope the shoulders ok.

I do have a stock screen available if you need it.

I'm guessin it was the chip and seal surface that bit him. I hate that stuff! :angry2:

If he needs the bike picked up or stored or anything let me know.

No major injuries = a good crash (if there is such a thing).

Hard to tell from the pics, but the damage doesn't really look all that bad.

On the bright side, I bet that windshield would let a nice stream of air in!

Shit Mark!, Seriously glad that you're mostly ok.

The front forks were badly twisted. At one point with the front wheel pointed straight, the handlebars were turned as far right as they would go. We kicked and twisted for awhile, and got it straighter, but never could get the forks to compress at all!

Its gonna cost $200.00-$300.00 to replace those forks!