wheatonFJR goes down!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AR, where the men are men and the sheep are running like hell from Wheatie.

:D

Glad everybody is okay.

Quick check is to remove the forks and rotate them slowly on a flat surface, looking for signs of warpage. Warped is bad and means you must send them off for aftermarket replacement parts and upgrades.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure glad you're mostly OK! Whew!!! Shit happens I guess. Get well soon.

Geebus, how many times has your bike hit the pavement, mister? :blink: 3 times now?? :eek: Hope your insurance doesn't rake you too bad. Or the wife!

Again, glad your OK!!

Let us know what the Doctor says!

Glad you are in fairly good shape. Do see a doc, I had an "ejection seat " a few years back and was none worse for the wear except from my self diagnosed sprained ankle ( I had my riding boots on of course) the sprain kept swelling over a week and never got any better. I finally went to the doc , he sent me right to an orthopedist and that evening I had my ankle fused. One of the reasons I got the AE instead of the A

Damn dude!

I hope your ok. the bike is just another winter project.

I thought about you guys this weekend as I was slaving around the house watchin all the bikes going by my place.

ok im kinda glad I couldn't go after all now.

Thanks everybody for your concern and/or sarcasm.

I just got home with help from my kindly big brother. It's harder to get home from AR than I thought it would be.

I am sore and my shoulder is feeling pretty freaky...will go to work tommorrow and the orthopedic doctor tommorrow. My ribs are sore so coughing, sneezing, getting into a chair, getting into and out of bed are interesting. The slide was fine, but I guess the landing in the ditch not so well...could have been worse with the big rocks in the ditch nearby. Steve/STL FJR showed me how the bike slid in front of the sign post and I slid behind the sign post...so yes things could have worked out alot worse. The guys were great and helping me out in a pinch...fjrrider/sprocket from the STN board gave me a fun ride back to the barn. Scott is a good rider, but I enjoy the front seat better.

I will talk later, but I didn't help myself how I set up that corner...but really thought that a little more lean would work just fine.

Gotta go...wifey is fixin up some mean chili for me and big bro to eat.

Later........

Hey at least you waited til the end of riding season. (unlike ol'mike) I'm glad you're ok though just like Mike. Good luck with the rebuild.

Just got on this board after a week away and read the bad news - very pleased to read the post from Mark himself above.

Cracked a few ribs myself in a dirt bike off many years ago and the breathing/coughing thing takes a long time to become comfortable again.

I have some stuff that I scavenged off my 2004 that you might need Mark - send me a PM when you're feeling better and ready to start looking at the Feej again...

Dave

Damn Mark...I leave town for work travel and now this!! Glad you're OK and the bike isn't in too bad shape.

Heal up fast and get back on the road my friend. What nick name can we come up with..gotta be something snappy. ;) Whadda think about flipper II for the bike?

--G

Tough way to close the season and always an unexpected reality check on the business of riding. Heal well; maybe we'll see you @ the next CFR.

I was thinking about you guys yesterday while riding down MO79, and remarked to the wife how you all had great weather and you would even have a tailwind going home.

Glad I wasn't there to see it happen.... moot point: I never could keep up with you to see anything anyway.

Glad to hear you are no worse for wear and hope you are better soon.

B)

Whoa Buddy! Glad to hear you're ok. Sorry I couldn't make the trip down there - I coulda helped you home. Let me know if I can help with fixin the bike. I'll give ya a call tonight!

How many times are we going to have to tell you to stay on the pavement? Chee, it is either gravel, or dirt, and now you are adding grass to your package. I guess it is a bad time tot ell you a joke about a priest and a rabbi ah. :)

Heal fast. Ride slower :)

Hope you heal fast. Glad you're okay. Hope that chilli didn't aggravate the hind quarters if they were sore like the ribs. Maybe an '09 in your future?

I got called out to a motorcycle fatal yesterday afternoon on a road many of us around here ride regularly. Ride safe, people. Wet weather is upon us and the leaves will be down soon.