When are the proposed dates for WFO8?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there have already been 94 posts here, so at least some of you weren't scared off or misled by the title of this thread, but do one of you Administrator guys think you might change the title so it refers to WFO '09, in case anybody is getting frustrated looking for a discussion about this year's event? That's it. Thanks.
It's correct. It's not "WFO '08" or "WFO '09".

It's "WFO8" or "WFO-8" and will be held in July 2009.

That said when details are announced officially we'll put the dates in to be clear.
For those that don't know the history...the one number offset between the # of WFOs and the calendar year does muddle things up some. jes sayin'.
B-b-b-but that's all part of the fun! :D

WFO:

1-Santa Rosa CA-Jan(?) 2003

2-Santa Rosa CA-Sep (?) 2003

[SIZE=8pt](IIRC, because I had my '04 which was delivered in late August.)[/SIZE]

3-Moscow ID-Jul 2004

4-Skagit WA-Jul 2005

5-Reno NV-Jul 2006

6-Park City UT-Jul 2007

7-Golden CO-Jul 2008

8-??????-Jul 2009
UUUUMMMmmm... CO event was NAFO 1 not WFO 7.. so this year it'd be WFO7 not 8... :unsure: :blink:

I know there have already been 94 posts here, so at least some of you weren't scared off or misled by the title of this thread, but do one of you Administrator guys think you might change the title so it refers to WFO '09, in case anybody is getting frustrated looking for a discussion about this year's event? That's it. Thanks.

That said when details are announced officially we'll put the dates in to be clear.
For those that don't know the history...the one number offset between the # of WFOs and the calendar year does muddle things up some. jes sayin'.

WFO:

[SIZE=8pt](IIRC, because I had my '04 which was delivered in late August.)[/SIZE]

3-Moscow ID-Jul 2004

4-Skagit WA-Jul 2005

5-Reno NV-Jul 2006

6-Park City UT-Jul 2007

7-Golden CO-Jul 2008

8-??????-Jul 2009
UUUUMMMmmm... CO event was NAFO 1 not WFO 7.. so this year it'd be WFO7 not 8... :unsure: :blink:
Ummm.....the fine print at NAFO also called it a "WFO-7 Production" since it was hosted by the WFO region. Again, WFO-8 is appropriately titled.

So, when and where is this gonna be? Info N/A until Valentine's Day?

How bad would it be for someone to show up that wasn't on an FJR? If they were accompanied by an FJR or two? It wouldn't be Harley, but a Triumph or two might be interested in joining in.

How bad would it be for someone to show up that wasn't on an FJR? If they were accompanied by an FJR or two? It wouldn't be Harley, but a Triumph or two might be interested in joining in.
All are welcome unless they are wearing assless chaps. Then we don't know what odot will do, so for safety they are banned.

Please reread post #28.

No problem for non-FJR attendees. They're all welcome....although may have to park in the "special" parking. ;)

Thanks, Ignacio. I saw #28, which is what made me think that the time frame for announcing the date was almost up :) (When will we have a date to decide the date of the event...sounds like software development planning.)

Special parking...the two Triumphs together have 6 cylinders...does that mean they only 1.5 parking spaces? I always want to ask if they lost the other in a high school shop-class accident, or what.

This would be my first ride with the group but I would love to try a group ride if it was California northward. I don't know if I could make the trek to the Southwest.

jen

This would be my first ride with the group but I would love to try a group ride if it was California northward. I don't know if I could make the trek to the Southwest.
jen
Jen,

Once the date and place is secure and announced there will be many from NorCal planning a ride to WFO and back.

Most are posted and all are welcome. Figure 2 days to get there, more if "interesting side trips" are planned....like Hwy 36-1o1-97 to Yreka. I mean, why not, since you'll be riding past that area!?!?!?

WFO:

3-Moscow ID-Jul 2004

4-Skagit WA-Jul 2005

5-Reno NV-Jul 2006

6-Park City UT-Jul 2007

7-Golden CO-Jul 2008

8-??????-Jul 2009
Ummm.....the fine print at NAFO also called it a "WFO-7 Production" since it was hosted by the WFO region. Again, WFO-8 is appropriately titled.
If I remember the first events held, they were:

WFO1 Jan '03 In Healdsburg CA, roomed at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, Partied at the Bear Flag Republic Brewing Company

WFO2 Oct '03 In Santa Rosa CA, roomed at the Holiday Inn Express, feasted at the Hunter Steak House (remember Skaggs Springs Rd)

Well, I thought I was going to be screwed with the new position I was "moved" to at work 8 months ago -- I had to coordinate vacations with only one person to cover for me. Now in the federal government's most excellent thinking, a restructuring is sending me back to my old job (and the guy I swapped jobs with is getting his old one back); this means many more peeps that can cover for me! Too late for the Canadian rally, but I just might be able to make another WFO this year, which I had initially ruled out.... Hope the dates and money work out.

So when is this thing being held? :rolleyes: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was gonna be in the Southwest, it would be called SW-FOG. This is WFO, it'll be a safe bet that it's north of S.F.

Probably not gonna be in Fresno. It's generally hotter than the surface of the sun around here in late July....

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it is to late to put in requests, but I can get a room for about $100 a week in both McCall or Coeur d'Alene Idaho, sure would be nice. Nice riding around both of those locations too. Remember H. Marc's ride suggestions at WFO-3?

Hurry up and post a locations. :rolleyes: