When are the proposed dates for WFO8?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I was in Ely in July, a heavy thunderstorm nearly washed me off the road.
The last time I was in Ely in July, it was 11:30 at night, and I was dropping off a couple of CBA riders at Motel 6, right before I put another 9 hours in the saddle to add to the 15 we had already done that day. Ain't endurance riding grand!

Brush up on your Spanish if you're thinkin' Phoenix . . . . July ? Hey it's a dry heat dontcha know . . . . :lol: I've never ridden when it was hotter than 123 deg., so not to worry . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
I've also heard of a proposal to change the dates to late June. That should help no matter WHERE it's held. And it would be something different than late July, unlike the past 4......

Of course, if it's held above N 41.59.882, then July could be a better choice.

I suppose we'll have to wait until the Rally Master makes the "official announcement".

Portland might be nice! Mt, Hood, Mount St. Helens, the Columbia River Gorge, Mt. Ranier, hundreds of lovely roads over the Cascades.

[SIZE=8pt]Well, yes, and thanks for asking! I am stirring it up just a bit but I'm trying to live up to the title under my avatar. I've been distracted lately and have gone far into the polite and helpful mode. Isn't it about time I returned to being my naturally ornery self? ;-)[/SIZE]

:lol:

I've also heard of a proposal to change the dates to late June. That should help no matter WHERE it's held. And it would be something different than late July, unlike the past 4......

I'm sure the Potentiates of Power, Deans of Decisions and Grand Poobahs, are checking the calendar for possible conflicts with other FJR events, such as CFR in late June, in SE BC. I think many of us in the PNW are planning on attending that party.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Baker....That whole NE corner of Oregon is riding nirvana. Plus it's not all that far from Boise (for those of you who want ID).

Has nobody here riden around Baker!!!????

Brush up on your Spanish if you're thinkin' Phoenix . . . . July ? Hey it's a dry heat dontcha know . . . . :lol: I've never ridden when it was hotter than 123 deg., so not to worry . . . .
OMG!!! He LIVES!!!!
You bet your bippy buddy ! Even the bike is ALIVE ! again. Been at the kart track trying to teach my Son a bit of racing. Bought a Tony Kart Micro for 2600 bucks & now doing the track 2 or 3 days a week...

I guess I won't see your lazy....I mean see you next weekend at DVD eh ?

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Baker....That whole NE corner of Oregon is riding nirvana. Plus it's not all that far from Boise (for those of you who want ID).
Has nobody here riden around Baker!!!????
I have covered that area quite a bit. It does have great riding but I am sure the brain trust will treat us well with their choice. Whatever it may be.

I know there have already been 94 posts here, so at least some of you weren't scared off or misled by the title of this thread, but do one of you Administrator guys think you might change the title so it refers to WFO '09, in case anybody is getting frustrated looking for a discussion about this year's event? That's it. Thanks.

I know there have already been 94 posts here, so at least some of you weren't scared off or misled by the title of this thread, but do one of you Administrator guys think you might change the title so it refers to WFO '09, in case anybody is getting frustrated looking for a discussion about this year's event? That's it. Thanks.
It's correct. It's not "WFO '08" or "WFO '09".

It's "WFO8" or "WFO-8" and will be held in July 2009.

That said when details are announced officially we'll put the dates in to be clear.

That said when details are announced officially we'll put the dates in to be clear.
For those that don't know the history...the one number offset between the # of WFOs and the calendar year does muddle things up some. jes sayin'.

For those that don't know the history...the one number offset between the # of WFOs and the calendar year does muddle things up some. jes sayin'.
B-b-b-but that's all part of the fun! :D

WFO:

1-Santa Rosa CA-Jan(?) 2003

2-Santa Rosa CA-Sep (?) 2003

[SIZE=8pt](IIRC, because I had my '04 which was delivered in late August.)[/SIZE]

3-Moscow ID-Jul 2004

4-Skagit WA-Jul 2005

5-Reno NV-Jul 2006

6-Park City UT-Jul 2007

7-Golden CO-Jul 2008

8-??????-Jul 2009