when to switch to synthetic

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread needs to be replaced by another useless oil thread. Yet another one I won't read.....

Somebody tried a couple of days ago, didn't last but three or four responses. And to think I had a most exelent response photo to paste :(

:jester:

I only looked at the eighth page to see if it was a pile or not....then I would have had something fun to read here at work.

Question.

I couldn't bare to read the whole thread, but...

What do you do with used synth oil? Do you just dump it in with the dino oil at the re-cycle place?

Synthetic oil can be used to fertilize your lawn since it's biodegradeable. That's why they came up with synthetic oil in the first place....they wanted to stop polluting the earth.

This thread needs to be replaced by another useless oil thread. Yet another one I won't read.....
Why don't you start one, maybe about the superiority of Amsoil? Probably get the best results at the BITOG site. :lol:

What do you do with used synth oil? Do you just dump it in with the dino oil at the re-cycle place?
I usually leave it, for someone else to use, on the shelf at the store, and waste my money instead on 87 octane gasoline.

A bit confusing with all of Jestal's posts removed, but still useful in convincing me that I have no idea what is best. :)
That's what happens when somebody decides to take their ball and go home. Somehow, we get by and find a new ball.

Awwww......man. We had a marble game set up in a couple weeks. Didn't even get a return note saying jestal wasn't showing? Awwwwwwwww.....................man.

It sure must have taken a while to go back and edit every one of his own prior posts.
Not as long as it took to write 'em, and there was some really good stuff in there. There oughtta be a rule!
Yeah!....actually there is a rule.

Balancing the desire for folks to be able to edit their own posts also comes the responbility to not have a nutty and hose continuity of the forum. That's why if somebody does have a nutty....or is at risk of having a nutty....the priveledge could be lost.

And, I think in this case they may wish in retrospect they hadn't gone cashew. ;) They're back and a contributor again. C'est la vie.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sure must have taken a while to go back and edit every one of his own prior posts.
Not as long as it took to write 'em, and there was some really good stuff in there. There oughtta be a rule!

Balancing the desire for folks to be able to edit their own posts also comes the responbility to not have a nutty and hose continuity of the forum. That's why if somebody does have a nutty....or is at risk of having a nutty....the priveledge could be lost.

And, I think in this case they may wish in retrospect they hadn't gone cashew. ;) They're back and a contributor again. C'est la vie.

Hmmmm. Well then, shouldn't they have to go back and re-enter all the old posts? :glare:

[edit] Pssst... I was just kidding. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Balancing the desire for folks to be able to edit their own posts also comes the responsibility to not have a nutty and hose continuity of the forum. That's why if somebody does have a nutty....or is at risk of having a nutty....the privilege could be lost.

Hmmmm. Well then, shouldn't they have to go back and re-enter all the old posts? :glare:
Maybe they should be required to pay penance by writing an oil FAQ.

Not just kidding....