Where are you at mileage wise?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyway

Reaction score
Just checking to see where everyone is at in regards to mileage?

Has anyone broke through 100k yet? If so, I'm trying to correlate if certain parts needed replacing other than normal scheduled maintenance items that may be attributed to the high mileage?

A spread sheet that follows mileage and replaced parts would also be cool to read, if there was a way to collect accurate data.

I would also like to know what folks may consider the high point is in regards to where reliability/time to change to a new bike might start to factor in, regardless of warranty status? 100k, 150k, 200k?

Just checking to see where everyone is at in regards to mileage?
Has anyone broke through 100k yet? If so, I'm trying to correlate if certain parts needed replacing other than normal scheduled maintenance items that may be attributed to the high mileage?

A spread sheet that follows mileage and replaced parts would also be cool to read, if there was a way to collect accurate data.

I would also like to know what folks may consider the high point is in regards to where reliability/time to change to a new bike might start to factor in, regardless of warranty status? 100k, 150k, 200k?
You mean like a registry of FJR's and their mileages. How about this thread. H Marc Lewis (the guy with the GPS timer at WPF) does that board. I see one over 100K on that registry. No spreadsheet, but one could scan their remarks and possibly build something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at 3100 and some change on the FJR (and I'm not getting the 17mpg thing fixed), about 6 weeks of ownership. I still ride the cruiser, too. Haven't really been keeping track of total miles ridden.

I have just over 50k on my 03 and no failures based on milage. Tick was fixed and the oil seal at the gear case end of the driveshaft twice. Other than that no problems other than the tires keep wearing out. I think one of the socal guys has close to 90k on his and it seems to be fine.

6300 since delivery this year. Followed all schedule maintenance. But for the slide, everything 5x5.

I am about to pass 90,000 miles..... will be way over 100K by next summer.

[SIZE=8pt]You didn't specify which bike.... the above numbers are for my Blackbird. [/SIZE]

The deer-strike FJR only has a mere 40,000 miles. :p

I have about 16k on it since April '05. I cant ride as much as some of you guys! Work sux! :angry2:

2004 model bought in September of 03 Barely put on 500 kilometers that fall

86,000 kilometers now

you guys figure it out in to miles if you want.

Tires, filters, oil, check this, check that .

Going to replace the cam chain tensioner as a precaution.

Edit

My season is about 5 months long

06A, took delivery May 3, turned 14000 on the way home from work today, Also have an 06 Vulcan 750 I bought in Aug 05, while trying to talk myself out of the FJR. Just turned 11K on that one.

HAPPY ANIVERSARY TO ME!

I've had the FJR one year today! 20,242 miles-full-a-smiles. No drips, no runs, no errors.