Where are you at mileage wise?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2003 Canadian FJR, just turned 70,000 km. This bike should easily be 100,000 miler without any major service issues. B)

Canadian FJR

Hey, no using both terms in the same post! It's like...cross-dressing.

Last edited by a moderator:
4,000 miles on my 06A, picked it up July 18 2006. I too am amazed so many of you put so many miles. I have taken my 06 on 2 rides in the 500-1000 mile range, and several 300 mile rides, and still only managed 4K in 11 weeks. You guys rock!

Ya'll just fightin' for second.

If it weren't for my injury, my 05' would be well past 100K.

I'm at 89K and haven't ridden it since WPF.

Still bullet-proof, and never made a single tick.

Hey Skoot, I like your new avatar!

GZ

I have just over 50k on my 03 and no failures based on milage. Tick was fixed and the oil seal at the gear case end of the driveshaft twice. Other than that no problems other than the tires keep wearing out. I think one of the socal guys has close to 90k on his and it seems to be fine.
Just turned over 33,333 miles on my '05 today. Also had leaky output shaft seal replaced once at about 20k under extended warranty. No other significant repairs or problems since having to replace broken ignition switch when scum-o'-the-earth bike thief tried to steal it five days after I brought it home!

I'm still working on the high mileage.. only 13.5k on April 06 delivery. Too early to tell. But I will say that the valve train makes lots more noise now then new. Not enough to worry about, but now I can hear it while before I could not. I'd like to know how many folks have 100k plus on their fjr's. Don't reply here; I'll start a new thread.

I'd like to know how many folks have 100k plus on their fjr's. Don't reply here; I'll start a new thread.[/font]
I do believe that was what Skiwi was pretty much after when he started this thread, so I don't think you are going to get anywhere. I don't think there is anybody out there on the forum that is over 100k. A few like silverbullet are close, but I have never seen anyone post about being close or over 100k.

I know one local 03 owner who has over 100k, but he is not really on the forum.

05 with 20,000 miles. No problems except trying to second guess the rear tire for the next trip. Cliff

I had 48K miles on my 03 when I totalled it in '04. No problems and I know its still running (after Sunnyside rebuilt it) and is still going strong.

My 05 is closing in on 59K miles with no problems. Guess I better get it in for the 52K valve check.

dougc

Last edited by a moderator:
05 28,000 miles no problems but eats tires like crazy. Just don't understand how some guys get 10,000 on a rear. Never more than 5,000 and only 2,000 on the original 020's.

Al

Just checking to see where everyone is at in regards to mileage?
31K on my '03. I've only put 11K on it during the 11 months that we've been together. Due to Andy's accident, we missed a whole summer's riding. Now that he is getting better, we're going to be riding more often.

Jill

45,264 on my 05'. Nice fresh rubber on it so im going riding today.. Nice warm weather in So Cal today so the canyons should be fun. Nothing major in the way of maintenance.

Retorque Steering bearings x2.

No Leaks

1 head light bulb

1 windshield fuse (last winter during rain)

1 windshield replaced (after hiting a sheet of ply wood on freeway)(and buffed out scratches on nose and right side fairing)

still on original brake pads.. front are getting close.

45,264 on my 05'. Nice fresh rubber on it so im going riding today.. Nice warm weather in So Cal today so the canyons should be fun. Nothing major in the way of maintenance.
Retorque Steering bearings x2.

No Leaks

1 head light bulb

1 windshield fuse (last winter during rain)

1 windshield replaced (after hiting a sheet of ply wood on freeway)(and buffed out scratches on nose and right side fairing)

still on original brake pads.. front are getting close.

dang! some of you guys can really pack on the miles!

Only one real trip on the Feejr, a bit over 6000 miles. I bought my 05 used in April with under 4000 miles, now says 11,000 something, needs new tires or I would have ridden it to Los Vegas last month..... :eek: (

But, I also put about 2100 on the Triumph Speedmaster I bought in June,

and about 11,000 on the Harley... does that count? <BG>

Spent most of the time on the way back and forth to Vegas wishing I'd had time to put new tires on the FJR... It handles the wind and rain and cold way better than any other bike I've ever ridden!

mary

I'm at 7600 on my '05 and I got it late last summer, like August 23 or something. I haven't been riding it nearly as much as I would like but that's mainly due to working full time and going to school nearly full time. I've also been riding a friend’s Harley VRod and another friend’s R6 this past summer. The Harley really isn't the ideal bike for me; I really don't like having my feet out in front of me like that. I've had a lifetime of dirt and street bikes with a more aggressive riding position than a cruiser. The R6 is amazing and I'd love to pick one up as a second bike. It's so damn light compared to the FJR. But I'll stick with the one bike until I'm able to ride it more.

I was able to ride both days this weekend. I rode up to Warner Springs Saturday and it was great. Sunday I took my wife with me up to Julian and came back home on the Sunrise highway. The Sunrise highway is beautiful in the fall and well worth the ride for anyone living in San Diego.