Where are you at mileage wise?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? Birmingham? And you weren't going to tell us you were coming? There are some feej's in the neighborhood.
Dude, we went through this about 7 months ago... coming for the AHRMA races at Barber... even got some route suggestions to Mt. Cheaha and 29 dreams from a couple of you... sheesh... they say the mind is the first thing to go... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up my '06 5/1/06 got 26,200 miles on it now. No troubles just regular maintance stuff.

This bike rocks B)

05 22K Miles and no worries, just tires !!! What a great bike !

Glad yer better Scoot, heres to many more miles on ANY bike !!

Bobby

I thought I had this one nailed but Rick inched by when I was'nt looking. I only have 23k miles on my 06. Picked it up in July. Runs like new!

Wait a minute, it is new.

Well, the reports coming in so far are looking good for those of us who would like to hang on to our bikes for a while.

I did hear of one high mileage incident involving either final drive, transmission or universal joint. But so far I have not found out what the diagnosis is?

76,000+ (03) No problems...........

"Sit here---Twist this---Keep putting fuel in these tanks.

Ride till ya get where ya want to go." :p

60k on my '04 ABS. No adjustments required on either valve check. Only thing I've done is at the second valve check just done at 60k I replaced the valve cover gasket, o-rings and a couple of coolant hoses as a preventative maintenance issue. They were getting more plastic than rubber and the hoses were showing some signs of cracking on the ends, though still felt pliable in the middle. Better now than on the road I felt.

No other repairs needed. Air filters, oil & filters, some Norwegian Monkey Jizz for the diff and tires every 10k or so. Still running the Iridium plugs I put in at 16k. Some Honda Moly 60 here and there too. :lol:

With SkooterG down, I might get the chance to catch up with him. Nah, probably not. He eats 2k a day when he's motivated. :blink:

With SkooterG down, I might get the chance to catch up with him. Nah, probably not. He eats 2k a day when he's motivated. :blink:

Iggy told me Skooter parks his on a treadmill every night so he can have bragging rights! :D

30K miles on my '05, been to the dealer 4 times- For tires only-yeah baby ! ~7 month riding season here in Michigan and I'm about to go into time out again.... :dribble:

Disappointing to see so many '05 tickers, even though they have been fixed. Especially since I have an '05...............

'05 picked up in May of '05 now with 7,100 miles.

Iggy told me Skooter parks his on a treadmill every night so he can have bragging rights! :D
Don't tell anyone, but during WPF, I caught him red handed centerstand racing in the wee hours in Wendover. :D

I think I got y'all whupped. I got 956 miles on my 06AE but I have only had it a month and left town for a week of that. Ummmm So far Barbarian mod, throttle spring mod, Sync TB, Ummm and changed oil at 400 miles. Oh, and I check the air in the tires alot. I also have two other bikes (Feejeer being the newest) all withing a year, all totals are about 20K +- (Rode through winter here in Utah last year Brrrrr!!)

Wendover requires center stand racing, Unless you wanna go a few miles to find a twisty (or are still sober after gambling) Twisties to the east or a good 120 miles away

I've had my '06A for 6 weeks. As of last night I have 2375 miles. How some of you guys rack up so many miles, I have no idea. I try to ride everyday to work, which is 70 miles, and if I go on the road for work, like I did yesterday, it can be over 300 miles per day. Still, I wont be even close to some of you, unless I can put together the 8500 mile trip I want to take next year. :assassin:

I've had my '06A for 6 weeks. As of last night I have 2375 miles. How some of you guys rack up so many miles, I have no idea. I try to ride everyday to work, which is 70 miles, and if I go on the road for work, like I did yesterday, it can be over 300 miles per day. Still, I wont be even close to some of you, unless I can put together the 8500 mile trip I want to take next year. :assassin:
Trips is the key word here. I don't have to work during the summer so that is where most of my miles are clicked off. Plus, like you, I ride to work as much as possible during the rest of the year. It adds up fast. I hope I can pay off the loan before I wear it out. I run up a bunch on all my bikes.

I picked mine up on 7/21/06. I just broke 6K. I will have another 1K by the end of next week. Another trip coming up. :yahoo: This bike just keeps getting better.