Who's In Va

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom,

You know yet where you're staying in Winchester? I only live about an hour away in Arlington and may be able to ride out Sat. morning to ride with you.

Like Heidi said, hopefully the weather will cool by them. It could hit 100 in DC today :(

Gary

Not sure of the Hotel in Winchester but i'll find out & let you know, I'm in charge of route planning, another guy locked up the rooms, I know it's the Elkins motor lodge on Saturday night, i'll get back to you on fridays plan.
Tom, are you guys getting a group rate on lodging whereas I'd need to make reservations b4 hand?

No, no deals for us.

How many people are getting rooms? Did the lodging guy ask about a multi-room discount? Sometimes if you've got 3 or more rooms being rented the hotel will give a discount.

That's cool if no... but asking could possibly save a few $$$ to put in the gas tank.

Looks like there will be 7 of us from Ohio, not sure how many rooms were booked.

Looks like FJR Gary might be able meet us at the hotel on Saturday am, so 9 total if your in.

Looks like there will be 7 of us from Ohio, not sure how many rooms were booked.Looks like FJR Gary might be able meet us at the hotel on Saturday am, so 9 total if your in.
Tom, right now I'm planning to join you guys. I am dieing to get out on the bike & get in the mountains. I'm going to make a final decision at the last minute due to the way the weather's been around here. If they're calling for under 90 degrees in the flatlands, I'm in. Over that temp the ride to and from the hills may very well make me faint & cook my legs.

I rode the exact route I'd be taking to/from about a month ago in 90 plus degrees & I'm pretty sure that my thighs were pretty well done by the time I got home.

I don't know how them guys out in the western parts do it.

Looking very forward to meeting everyone.

Heidi

Hi Drew;
Welcome!! I'm in Warrenton... not too far from Winchester at all.

Looks like there are quite a few VA folks.

Would be great to work out a get together before the EOM meeting.

Best regards

Patrick
Patrick - Chris here in Centreville. I get all my bike work done in Warrenton with John (in service dept) at Blalock cycle. I used to live in Warrenton off Old Meetze Road. You buy your FJR there?

Let's get together some weekend and hit Skyline if you're keen. This weekend I'm off to Rehobeth Beach with the family, but maybe some other weekend after that?

Cheers.

Sounds great Chris...

I'm definitely up for that.

With a little planning I can work out either a Saturday or a Sunday. Give a holler when you get back and we'll try to set something up before EOM. Once football season sets in for good -- I'm projecting we'll be spending Sunday afternoons at McMahons in Warrenton with a pint of Smithwicks or Guinness in proximity to a wide screen and no bike to be seen. ;-)

As far as the bike... no, even though Blalocks is about 5 minutes from where I live -- I purchased it at Colemans in Falls Church during the short time my wife Jan worked there. (She's recently taken a job at Mortons BMW in Fredericksburg) She did most of the components of the 600 mile service for me so I haven't given much thought to what I'll do for work after that. If its something she can do at home in our already packed one car garage -- I'll most likely encourage that!

But, at different points in time before the FJR, I've owned a Road Star and Royal Star and John did great work on those bikes. You're right, he's very good.

cheers indeed!

Patrick

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great Chris... I'm definitely up for that.

With a little planning I can work out either a Saturday or a Sunday. Give a holler when you get back and we'll try to set something up before EOM. Once football season sets in for good -- I'm projecting we'll be spending Sunday afternoons at McMahons in Warrenton with a pint of Smithwicks or Guinness in proximity to a wide screen and no bike to be seen. ;-)

As far as the bike... no, even though Blalocks is about 5 minutes from where I live -- I purchased it at Colemans in Falls Church during the short time my wife Jan worked there. (She's recently taken a job at Mortons BMW in Fredericksburg) She did most of the components of the 600 mile service for me so I haven't given much thought to what I'll do for work after that. If its something she can do at home in our already packed one car garage -- I'll most likely encourage that!

But, at different points in time before the FJR, I've owned a Road Star and Royal Star and John did great work on those bikes. You're right, he's very good.

cheers indeed!

Patrick
+1 on the football - NFL Sunday ticket man here!

We'll see if FJR Gary is interested in a weekend ride too. Any other NOVA folks (or anyone in the area) interested in joining in are welcome too. Maybe we should start a new string and get a date set?

Cope

I'm interested. Not available this weekend or probably the next, but should be the weekend of the 26th.

the weekend of the 26th looks good to me too Jim!
26th is good for me
For you NFL junkies (including me - can I get a smiley face with football gear here?), there are A BUNCH of games on tap for Saturday the 26th, and only one for Sunday the 27th.

Now for me, it's all preseason BS, so I'm game for the 26th (no pun intended - ok, it is intended). But if the group would rather ride Sunday and get back in time to catch that evening's game, that's cool too.

And the consensus is???

hiya citizen Cope!

I'm certainly OK with that...

if we ride on Sunday than my wife will join us.

She's not riding an FJR but she keeps up pretty well with most two wheeled conveyances on her Magna. I know she'd love to get a decent run in too.

Hey, you guys getting a meeting of the Old Dominion FJR Riders Group together?

hiya citizen Cope!
I'm certainly OK with that...

if we ride on Sunday than my wife will join us.

She's not riding an FJR but she keeps up pretty well with most two wheeled conveyances on her Magna. I know she'd love to get a decent run in too.
I'm game for either day too, just need to get it on the family calendar ASAP. The closer it gets without a definitive day, the bigger my honey-do list gets. ;)

Let's wait for this evening and see what's said from the group. Then go from there and play it democratic like.

Hey, you guys getting a meeting of the Old Dominion FJR Riders Group together?
Hey there luvtoride - yeah, it's lookin' that way. Definitely the weekend of the 26th/27th, just haven't decided on exactly which day. Have an opinion? You in?

BTW - was down in your neck of the woods 2 weeks ago. Dad (on his barkalounger, aka GL1800) and I went down through VA Beach, across that gigantic frickin' bridge (awesome by the way), over a couple rivers via ferry (way too cool - so awesome) and on up Virginia's Eastern Shore via Chincoteague to see the perdy horsees. Then jumped on Rt 50 (big mistake) in MD and came west on that back to NOVA.

Great, great 2-day ride. Only had to pull a u-eee once b/c we ran out of road. If'n I knew how ta post a pic here I'd show some of us on the ferry.

Ok, maybe I've figured it out now - amazing how a little bit of reading can teach you somethin'...

ChrisDadsroadtrip065.jpg
[/img]

ChrisDadsroadtrip071.jpg
[/img]

ChrisDadsroadtrip050.jpg
[/img]

ChrisDadsroadtrip042.jpg
[/img]

yeh buddy, cueing up some down home Virginia theme music via Eddie from Ohio courtesy of their tune "Old Dominion":

"...You think autumns in New England are the greatest of them all
But give me sweet Virginia for the fireworks of Fall
The prettiest October, in all the 50 states
Just drive up to the skyline, park the car and wait

{Refrain}
When you're talking home, you mean the Old Dominion
Just southeast of Heaven to the surf and the hills
She's the best of 13 sisters and 37 more
Sweet, sweet Virginia always keeps an open door"

OK, we change that one line to: "Just ride up to skyline, my FJR is great"!

and we got some theme music, got the roads, got some new friends, got the beautiful Old Dominion, lets do a little pre-EOM ride!!

hey Heidi... if you wanna convene the meeting, we'll gladly attend

do we need to know the secret handshake?

best regards

yeh buddy, cueing up some down home Virginia theme music via Eddie from Ohio courtesy of their tune "Old Dominion":

"...You think autumns in New England are the greatest of them all
But give me sweet Virginia for the fireworks of Fall
The prettiest October, in all the 50 states
Just drive up to the skyline, park the car and wait

{Refrain}
When you're talking home, you mean the Old Dominion
Just southeast of Heaven to the surf and the hills
She's the best of 13 sisters and 37 more
Sweet, sweet Virginia always keeps an open door"

OK, we change that one line to: "Just ride up to skyline, my FJR is great"!

and we got some theme music, got the roads, got some new friends, got the beautiful Old Dominion, lets do a little pre-EOM ride!!

hey Heidi... if you wanna convene the meeting, we'll gladly attend

do we need to know the secret handshake?

best regards
Ah, sweet. Too cool man.

I'm in. I/we can do either day (at this point). I don't mind a Sunday if more folks can attend.