Who's In Va

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To answer your question; yes. If you're asking me how to do it......imagine someone sitting in front of the computer with eyes glazed over, slack-jawed, and drooling!

To answer your question; yes. If you're asking me how to do it......imagine someone sitting in front of the computer with eyes glazed over, slack-jawed, and drooling!
Ha! Well, that was me before I asked. I just wanted company. I'll search around and try to figure it out. Might mean starting a new post...

Ok, if you're reading this and you want to join us for the ride on 8/26 or 8/27, check out the new thread with a poll to vote for the day that works best for you.

Cheers.

hey Heidi... if you wanna convene the meeting, we'll gladly attenddo we need to know the secret handshake?

best regards

No secret handshake my friend... just good camaraderie does the job!

I don't think that I'll be able to make this ride. In order to make it worthwhile for me to travel that far, I'd need to spend the night... which would mean riding on Saturday, sleep, ride around Sunday & cometh hometh. After all, I've gotta' ride a little over 200 miles just to reach the closest part of the mountains. Sad... but true.

Just did a trip last weekend into WV to meet a few guys fr/ Ohio & FJRGary fr/ Arlington. Did some good ridin'! WV is da' sh!t, man!

Cope, you were in these parts, eh? It's nice flatlands around here. Good pics. So, you guys went over the Chesapeak Bay Bridge Tunnel? At the toll booth did you tell the attendant that you just want to drive across the bridge... not buy it??? Hahaha!!! What is it now... $12.00 to go across?

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
Cope, you were in these parts, eh? It's nice flatlands around here. Good pics. So, you guys went over the Chesapeak Bay Bridge Tunnel? At the toll booth did you tell the attendant that you just want to drive across the bridge... not buy it??? Hahaha!!! What is it now... $12.00 to go across?

Heidi

Yeah, no shit! I said "How much?" and she just had this crappy look on her face. I said "But I only have two wheels! Don't I get a brake?" She said, "You're holding up traffic." Bee-yatch!

True, very flat, but we stayed along the shore pretty much all the way down. It was nice and picturesque, and with the flatlands the way they were I was able to get my XM signal pretty much all the time - Yeah baby, yeah! Thankfully no cops saw me with the earplugs in!

Sorry you can't make the ride. I was wondering about that for you with it being so long a trip. We'll try to plan an overnighter in the early fall and figure out something for that. Maybe we'll just need to get closer down your way. Better yet, maybe we'll take over my mom and dad's house and crash in Martinsburg. Then tear up the backroads of WV the next day. Course, that won't help your cause either...

>>After all, I've gotta' ride a little over 200 miles just to reach the closest part of the mountains. Sad... but true.<<

well, Heidi that's a bummer, but completely understood.

if the NoVa folks were willing to get up early and head out in the wee hours -- one option would be for us to meet somewhere closer to you. maybe a locale near to the end of skyline / beginning of the BRP? do I remember that correctly as Wayensboro or am I thinking of some other place? {but I say that not really knowing what it takes for you to get there -- would that be any easier?}

If we can't work it out, then yes we'll need to do something later in the Fall.

You're correct playnguitar... The closest to the mountains for me is around the Waynesboro area. That's cool if I cannot catch you guys this time around. Riding in the fall is my favorite time, anyhow. Riding with any possiblity of heat just completely turns me off.

All.. have fun & be careful.

Oh, BTW... I'm the one who'd need to head out in the wee hours... not the NOVA people.

Last edited by a moderator:
fwiw, absolutely agree!

with both notions -- about riding in the Fall as well as avoiding the heat.

>>Oh, BTW... I'm the one who'd need to head out in the wee hours... not the NOVA people.<<

uh huh, that presumes you know how we'd get there...

Gary might take us the long way 'round!! B)

Patrick,

From Arlington, its about 140 miles to Waynesboro where the BRP starts. 29S to Charlottesville, then I-64W. Done it several times on the way to Willville campground at Meadows of Dan.

Thanks, think that I was fast enough for the first time in my life.

A Corbin! You got one of those flying bricks??? Hahaha!!! Just kidding... I hear they do some asses good.

I'd like to get a custom seat, myself. I tried Jim Lor's Rick Mayer... I liked his.

I'm thinking about getting a Seargent or something like that at some point. Truth be told, I can burn on the stocker pretty well. My record is from Charlottesville to home in Norfolk. Not sure of the miles... maybe 150 or so.

Anyhow, what's the scoop... do I need to get up there within the next month to pick up the shield? I'm hoping that it can wait a little longer than that.

Woohoo! I'm excited about this! Oh, BTW... it does look like a Rifle. Don't suppose you know if it's +2+2 or more?

Heidi

A Corbin! You got one of those flying bricks??? Hahaha!!! Just kidding... I hear they do some asses good.
I'd like to get a custom seat, myself. I tried Jim Lor's Rick Mayer... I liked his.

I'm thinking about getting a Seargent or something like that at some point. Truth be told, I can burn on the stocker pretty well. My record is from Charlottesville to home in Norfolk. Not sure of the miles... maybe 150 or so.

Anyhow, what's the scoop... do I need to get up there within the next month to pick up the shield? I'm hoping that it can wait a little longer than that.

Woohoo! I'm excited about this! Oh, BTW... it does look like a Rifle. Don't suppose you know if it's +2+2 or more?

Heidi
LOL - yeah, my dad keeps telling me that it's a brick too. But I figure I'll give it a try. If I don't like it, I'm sure I can sell it here! I'd like to try JimLor's RM - maybe when we hook up on the 27th. I can ride the stocker perdy well too. It doesn't bother me much. But after 200 miles I get some hot spots - even with the Under Armour Boxers!

No, you don't need to get up here any time soon. I've got plenty o' room at the adobe. I'll hold onto for you. I'll measure it tomorrow and let you know its size too.

Heidi
LOL - yeah, my dad keeps telling me that it's a brick too. But I figure I'll give it a try. If I don't like it, I'm sure I can sell it here! I'd like to try JimLor's RM - maybe when we hook up on the 27th. I can ride the stocker perdy well too. It doesn't bother me much. But after 200 miles I get some hot spots - even with the Under Armour Boxers!

No, you don't need to get up here any time soon. I've got plenty o' room at the adobe. I'll hold onto for you. I'll measure it tomorrow and let you know its size too.

Good deal Cope. Grassy Ass (That's thank you in Spanish) Hope you guys have fun on your ride thru Skyline Dr. Be forewarned that you may be sorry if'n you're looking to make any time.

Will see/meet you @ EOM, Heidi

Good deal Cope. Grassy Ass (That's thank you in Spanish) Hope you guys have fun on your ride thru Skyline Dr. Be forewarned that you may be sorry if'n you're looking to make any time.

Will see/meet you @ EOM, Heidi

Day nada - I think we're gonna skip Skyline and that's fine by me. Getting boring anyhow. As for EOM, still working on that one...no definite. May be able to shoot down for an overnighter and then haul it back though. We'll see.

MSLPILOT - I'm pretty happy with any route. The length of the ride will have a lot to do with my being w/Lorie or alone. Looking forward to this.

MSLPILOT - I'm pretty happy with any route. The length of the ride will have a lot to do with my being w/Lorie or alone. Looking forward to this.
Me too! I'll bring the book just to look at. If we want to use it, great. Looking forward to finally meeting you Jim.

Cope

luvtoride - got my "flying brick" installed and took it out for 150 miler today. I have to tell you, it may weigh in at 20lbs, but I was really comfy on it. I see why people want the Close Canyon model, but I think it's nice to be able to move back and forth on the seat with the standard version. I'm not sure it's THAT much better than the stocker, but I'll keep it and give it a good work-in I think.

I also installed the new CalSci screen on the bike. The most bizarre thing; in the lowest position, I can open my face shield, look out over the top of the screen and absolutely no wind hits my face. Likin' it! <_< Yeah, baby, YEAH!

Cope