Why do people make (and post) lame ass ride videos?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Here we go. Time to stir up some shit. So...

Why are there so many videos of people just riding along and doing pretty much nothing interesting?

Do they just have too much time on their hands? :unsure:

Are these the AV kids from high school? Hankering for another "film projector" fix?

Maybe they don't actually get out on their bike enough and want to re-live those "golden moments", sometime later when they can't ride.

Like when they are strapped to their desks at work? :eek:

Or is it just technology for technology's sake? I video because I can.

Go ahead... Defend you're right to video!

Huh?

Why do people take lame assed pictures of their trips as well? I don't know...maybe to relive that mcy nirvana moment they just had...along with a cigarette afterwards.

I enjoy watching the occasional video Fred. Not sure why you care about this...get out of the thread outhouse and get back on your bike. It's more funnerer...

Here we go. Time to stir up some shit. So...

Why are there so many videos of people just riding along and doing pretty much nothing interesting?

Do they just have too much time on their hands? :unsure:

Are these the AV kids from high school? Hankering for another "film projector" fix?

Maybe they don't actually get out on their bike enough and want to re-live those "golden moments", sometime later when they can't ride.

Like when they are strapped to their desks at work? :eek:

Or is it just technology for technology's sake? I video because I can.

Go ahead... Defend you're right to video!

And then they post them on lame ass bulletin boards. Like we are going to actually watch them or something. :)

That's why I like making dirt bike videos. You see people falling off slippery bridges, hitting stuff, going over the bars.... you know.... fun stuff. Just ask my physiotherapist. She keeps asking me, "How can you be that crazy and yet get to be so old".

I am discovering that I don't bounce nearly as well as I once did however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Option A. The rider bought a GoPro camera therefore I will post shit

Option B. They want to share a ride with others (not you), yet you stumbled across it and could careless.

One thing's for sure... I fill be flooding your inbox with video's that make watching paint drying look exciting.

You really need to quit making yourself such an easy target
dry.gif

Huh?

Why do people take lame assed pictures of their trips as well? I don't know...maybe to relive that mcy nirvana moment they just had...along with a cigarette afterwards.

I enjoy watching the occasional video Fred. Not sure why you care about this...get out of the thread outhouse and get back on your bike. It's more funnerer...
Please don't let Mark hurt your feelings, Fred W! I also post to our fine FJR Forum when I am stoned and drunk, it is our God guaranteed given right as Arizonans and New Hampshireans!!!

That's why I like making dirt bike videos. You see people fat senile old desert rats like mi Amigo BeemerDonS and his porky bike Miss Piggy falling off slippery bridges, hitting stuff, going over the bars.... you know.... fun stuff. Just ask my physiotherapist. She keeps asking me, "How can you be that crazy and yet get to be so old".

I am discovering that I don't bounce nearly as well as I once did however.
I fixed it for you Bill, you are very welcome!

ive got to say my favorite section on any of these forums is the ride reports

its the first section i check for new posts everytime i log into a few of the different forums i frequent

not having the time or the cash to get out and travel to much i love seeing all these new places i have not seen and probably wont see anytime soon

as for the videos i love those aswell

some of the guys on this forum take some pretty amazing pictures

so please keep posting all your pics and videos

Why do people open threads when they have a fairly good idea of the content that will likely disappoint or frustrate them? And then complain about what has bothered them? :huh:

Isn't that akin to the rider who complains because his right wrist gets him in trouble with the local law enforcement personnel? :eek:

Hugs and kisses! ;)

I would hope a few people enjoy my vids. I enjoy make'n em. Besides, it's in duke's contract I make him a star! :lol:

Why do people open threads when they have a fairly good idea of the content that will likely disappoint or frustrate them? And then complain about what has bothered them? :huh:

Isn't that akin to the rider who complains because his right wrist gets him in trouble with the local law enforcement personnel? :eek:

Hugs and kisses! ;)
Mike_123, madmike2, marcusorelius, wheatonFJR and ScottyUSN: Freddie Bear is just nervous in the service because very shortly his Boston Bruins have to face the mighty Vancouver Canucks in the National Hockey League Finals.

He knows that the Canucks are going to make his Bruins look like sniveling little whore bitches and he is just getting understandably worried. We must feel empathy for poor Fred, he needs our Forum support at this very tough time!

https://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/feed/2011-05/canucksbruins/story/expect-bruins-canucks-stanley-cup-finals-to-begin-with-a-bang

He knows that the Canucks are going to make his Bruins look like sniveling little whore bitches and he is just getting understandably worried. We must feel empathy for poor Fred, he needs our Forum support at this very tough time!

https://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/feed/2011-05/canucksbruins/story/expect-bruins-canucks-stanley-cup-finals-to-begin-with-a-bang
Freddy is already getting cranky and the series has not even started. I would say Fred is losing some sleep over the Bruins prospects.

'cause my videos are the best EVER, I'm trolling for the Discovery channel to find me then pay me to ride my sodamickle around the world making even more videos of me falling off bridges, getting drunkskie with the locals, eating weird food and giving me more ideas for even more videos.

That's why, and You're Welcome!

It's more funnerer...
Gee whiz, Wheatie... what the hell is wrong with your grammar? It should be "It's more funneriffic... like totally... fer shure... (said in best valley speak)" :rolleyes:

Still makes me laugh... damn, camera's still on... :lol:

I would hope a few people enjoy my vids. I enjoy make'n em. Besides, it's in duke's contract I make him a star! :lol:
Put a pup in the vid and it's instant gold!! B)