Why do people make (and post) lame ass ride videos?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheatie, you won't know what a lame ass is until I go over there and kick yours.
However, I know that I have my own little story to tell...and am going to share it -dagnabbit- whether FredW or others give a crap. :p
Ya know, Wheatie ....I'm going to be seeing Fred in a couple of weeks. I could kick HIS azz for you, if you like. Just sayin' ;)

I have no desire to kick anyone's ass or to have mine kicked for that matter. However, you, having an independent spirit, are free to do as you wish.

I know Fred's intents on this thread are good...and wishes that people would do a little more self critiquing before posting. However, I would rather see the lame stuff, than miss a good RR or video that someone self critiqued out of posting.

Ya know, Wheatie ....I'm going to be seeing Fred in a couple of weeks. I could kick HIS azz for you, if you like. Just sayin' ;)

Please, Wheatie...

Say yes!!

Make her punish me!! :aggressive:

:p
Man Oh Man Fred W, I'll take seconds in line for that also.

Thought you said last week, no whips and chains for MEM!

Please, Wheatie...

Say yes!!

Make her punish me!! :aggressive:

:p
Man Oh Man Fred W, I'll take seconds in line for that also.

Thought you said last week, no whips and chains for MEM!
Just bare handed punishment seems more deserved... :rolleyes:

Just FYI, there's this cool little "X" thingy at the top of every web-page. If you don't like what you are looking at, click on it. It will make whatever's bothering you go away. Some people think a video is boring, and other's think it's gold. None of us has to watch any of it. It's like me changing the channel when Oprah's on.

Now...as far as this is concerned:

I hope whatever that lady said translates into English as: "Gawd you're a fucking idiot, and I'm gonna post this on YouTube so the entire world knows it...Jackass."

It's like me changing the channel when Oprah's on.
Say it ain't so, 'Zilla!!! :(

Knowing her show is gonna end, I've been recording like a mad man -- future entertainment for what promise to be empty afternoons. PM me if you need to check out shows you've missed. :D I'll keep it confidential, of course. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fred's setting us all up...

He's going to post his most awesome video ride adventure, that will blow all others in the ditch....

Edited and captioned and all that fancy stuff....

I cain't wait....

Go Fred!!!

:)

You think the home videos are lame on the bike forums, check out the turbo car forums. Lots of videos of "claimed" street racing done at night to avoid the cops and all too dark to see anything at all. As boring as some of the bike videos might be, at least you know it's a bike and that it's moving.

Dang Fred, I just got a Gopro camera yesterday! Not only am I gonna post lame ass videos of my rides, but I will also include blurry shots of my shoes, the pavement, the sky, random trees, the slow truck in front of me, and Bust pulling his pants down for everyone to see as well!! :yahoo:

Dang Fred, I just got a Gopro camera yesterday! Not only am I gonna post lame ass videos of my rides, but I will also include blurry shots of my shoes, the pavement, the sky, random trees, the slow truck in front of me, and Bust pulling his pants down for everyone to see as well!! :yahoo:
ALDAWG, A really great start, but you also need to add some footage of RadioHowie screwing a manatee; I mean, if you want a whole hell of a lot of hits on YouTube!

richard,paging richard,white asshat phone please.white asshat phone.customer waiting.
Jeez Marie Bill, please leave our Queen Mum out of this; not the Wanker, for Petey's sake!

...I agree with Fred. Post worthy shit. Edit it and cut to the better scenes that illustrate why the video was shot. A series of sharp S-turns, a high speed run, great scenery, a story-line, still-shots, captions ANYTHING but a 12+ minute video of uncut road rushing by. My time has more value than an uncut video of a boring road. The fun of a motorcycle ride doesn't translate to video without some extra work on the part of the person taking video.
I'm doomed. :lol:

I haven't looked at my gopro movies from Kali...but I'll try to post worthy crap...If I post it all after this warning.
No worries, it's just more fun to watch 2 or 3 minutes of highlights than deal with 15 minutes of driving to the highlights.

On the other hand, it beats my slacking and not posting a trip report.

FoothillRide003.jpg

Nice dirt-roading with you.

FoothillRide013.jpg

FoothillRide068.jpg

Speaking of wasting folks' time, would this be a good place for a comment about people hitting the "reply" button and copying an entire 1,200 word, 14 photograph ride report to add the comment "Nice RR" or something?

No? Well, then, never mind.

...I agree with Fred. Post worthy shit. Edit it and cut to the better scenes that illustrate why the video was shot. A series of sharp S-turns, a high speed run, great scenery, a story-line, still-shots, captions ANYTHING but a 12+ minute video of uncut road rushing by. My time has more value than an uncut video of a boring road. The fun of a motorcycle ride doesn't translate to video without some extra work on the part of the person taking video.

I haven't looked at my gopro movies from Kali...but I'll try to post worthy crap...If I post it all after this warning.
No worries, it's just more fun to watch 2 or 3 minutes of highlights than deal with 15 minutes of driving to the highlights.

FoothillRide003.jpg

FoothillRide013.jpg

FoothillRide068.jpg
Nice RR.

Ooops! :huh:

Because every once in a while, even a boring video can get interesting:

https://vimeo.com/21223833
I like how his buddies were so protective and concerned.

But it was too long. I prefer this one.
I personally enjoy most of the videos and still pictures on the forum because of getting to see new areas of the country that I may see for myself in the future.

Mike, I am truly sorry about your misshap, but you did make a great video of what can happen on a wet surface. Hope you get the bike put back together for the summer riding season. too bad you didn't have another cameraman to film the crash from the side.

Mike, I am truly sorry about your misshap, but you did make a great video of what can happen on a wet surface. Hope you get the bike put back together for the summer riding season. too bad you didn't have another cameraman to film the crash from the side.
Jer -- that was a video by and of James Burleigh a few years back. That bike is now in the shop with clutch and tranny issues.

Jer -- that was a video by and of James Burleigh a few years back. That bike is now in the shop with clutch and tranny issues.
God, thanks for the clarification, Rich. I'd hate like hell for anybody to think that was ME, going balls-up in a puddle of water.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the thought, though, Jer. I'm fine. (jk, Hans)

God, thanks for the clarification, Rich. I'd hate like hell for anybody to think that was ME, going balls-up in a puddle of water.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, to tell you the truth, Mike, I first read your accompanying comment and also thought you were posting a video you shot. So when I began to watch it, I thought: "I didn't know Mike shot his bike totaling curb crash in Wyoming!?!" But after a few seconds of viewing, I recognized it as something Hans had posted a couple or three years ago -- a video of something that maybe happened even before he broke onto the FJRforum scene with the famous "Knee Puck" thread?

FoothillRide003.jpg

FoothillRide013.jpg

FoothillRide068.jpg
Nice RR.

Ooops! :huh:

Fred didn't ya see the sigh

FoothillRide003.jpg